What's new

Search results

1. L

GLP issues

I have a question for all using V27. I use Alibre for reverse engineering and designing items for 3D printing. Because of this, I use GLP to tweek the design. When I dimension from a surface line and that surface moves because of a dimension change, the dimension to that surface line does not...
  2. L

AddCircle method draws wrong radius

When I add a circle using the AddCircle method in IADSketchCircle it draws the circle by Radius/1.269999. For example, I put in Radius=1 and the sketched radius is: 0.7874016. My units are set for inches. If I scale the the radius*1.26999995936, I get the correct radius. Any ideas???/
  3. L

Latest Cap Screw Selector Generator

I have the latest version of the Cap Screw Selector/Generator completed and am looking for testers. If you would like a copy to test, send me a private message and I will get a setup.exe along with a video that shows how to use it to you.
  4. L

1960 Series Screw Selector

Here is a video of a screw selector for creating 1960 series cap screws. http://delta-eng.com/video/1960%20Serie ... %20Design/
  5. L

How to activate a sketch

I have code that starts AlibreX.AutomationHook, gets the Root, creates an empty part. Then, I can get the XY-Plane and AddSketch(nil,'XY-Plane','NewSketch'); This starts a new part called NewPart with a new sketch called "NewSketch" and the NewSketch is highlighted. The variable in my code...
  6. L

Need input

Please excuse a double posting, but this was posted in Add-On Development and think it was probably put in the wrong place. Watch this and give me your thoughts, please. http://delta-eng.com/video/CapScrew
  7. L

Here is a sample screw selector

Watch this and give me your thoughts, please. http://delta-eng.com/video/CapScrew
  8. L

Trying to use API first time

I am trying to understand how to use AlibreX to open create a Part with an external program. The examples I see are in C#, C++, Visual Basic and I am using (now don't stop reading) Object Pascal. I have imported the Type library AlibreX and see a bunch of interfaces, I have been able to use...
  9. L

Body on a surface

Is it possible to analyze an assembly where one part is running on a surface of the other part? Such as two gear teeth in mesh. I have seen a video where gears are in mesh, but do not see a constraint that will allow that. Another question, is it possible to export a text file of the...
  10. L

Learning Simulate trying to understand Coords

I am trying to understand the coordinate systems in Simulate. In the attached pdf, I have the properties of coord 16 in the piston.wm3 model. It seems to me that the X, Y, Z position of this coord should be in global coordinates; i.e., from the "fixed" origin. Yet when I change the 10mm...
  11. L

Don't understand constraints

I have a simple fourbar linkage created in V16 and exported to Dynamics. The pin constraints show up as behind the pins. I don't understand that. If someone would tell me what is going on, I would appreciate it very much. I have attached the exported package from GD the SAT from Dynamics and...
  12. L

Dynamics can't be invoked

I have had a license to Dynamics for a while and now am trying to learn how to use it. With GD 2014 I created a 4 bar linkage and was able to bring it into Dynamics. I then (foolishly) loaded 17 beta and the latest version of Dynamics (?) and now cannot get Dynamics to run. I get the error...
  13. L

V17 want to return to V16

I upgraded to V17 knowing it was a beta, opened some of my files and what to go back to a more stable version. The files I opened and saved, are not backward compatible. Is there anyway to go back?
  14. L

Export stl and STEP to LISA

Is anyone using LISA with GeoMagic Design and exporting STEP or stl to LISA? I have a model created in Geo and have exported both STEP 203 and 214 plus stl files and then tried to import and automesh in LISA. The automesher in LISA bombs every time with the STEP file and some of the time with...
  15. L

Export stl and STEP

I have a model created in Geomagic Design 2014 and have exported it to stl using the default values and the ASCII file size is 995 kb. If I increase the maximum cell size to 0.125 the file size jumps to 2.3 GB. Why is this? It would seem to me that should make a smaller stl file. What is...
  16. L

Right and left hand parts

Does anyone have an easy way to create right and left hand parts?
  17. L

Question about files

Where can I find the path for the parts that show up in the design explorer?
  18. L

Need to make clearance with a Boolean

I have a part that has a male dove tail that I am using to create a dove tail slot in another piece. I want to add clearance all around the dove tail. Is that possible and if so how is it accomplished?
  19. L

Save All As Problem?

I just finished a fairly large project using Alibre Design Expert 2012. Maybe not a good thing to do, but I was learning Alibre Design as I completed this project. Not a lot of thought was given to organization of the project during that time and now I want to archive the project with a save...
  20. L

Parts Library where are you?

I am running Expert 2012 64 bit and there is no library like in the 32 bit version. I also am in the US and still using US Customary units. In 64 bit all I have is the TraceParts Library that was created in Europe and it seems all are in SI. In addition, you have to have an internet...