What's new

Search results

1. wildwood58

windows 11 and A;ibre (V24)

does windows 11 play well with alibre ? I just upgaded to V24 and am still have windows 10 severa tech friends advise against going to windows 11 right now 1/13/22 just wondering if v24 would or would no be a reason to wait
  2. wildwood58

getting a new laptop

Trying to find the proper procedure for moving Alibre from my old laptop to the new one
  3. wildwood58

To renew or not to renew ?

I have 1 year left on my maintenance, I’m finding myself not using Alibre as much as I was when I renewed 2 years ago. I’m also looking at the need to replace my 10year old (plus ) laptop. If I don’t renew next year will I still be able to use Alibre? I first bought Alibre in 2012 (went through...
  4. wildwood58

Using Design on a Mac ?

My Dell laptop is nearing the end of its life, I am seriously considering an Apple MacBook Pro...... will Alibre run on an Apple ?
  5. wildwood58

New Keyshot for Alibre 2017

While I'm waiting for a response from Keyshot, has anyone had any problems dithe the new Keyshot ? I downloaded the new kgyxhot from the Alibre downloads page, and installed. When I attempted to open Keyshot froze before fully opening. I had not in-installed my previous versions 3 and 4 . So...
  6. wildwood58

strange assembly problem

I have two separate and different parts, when I open each part separately they are different. When I start an assembly I insert the first part no problem. I then insert the second part but the first part inserts again. I have never seen this before..... any ideas suggestions ? I will attach...
  7. wildwood58

New update coming email

Has anyone else got an email of updates to Geomagic products updates (including Geomagic Design) Brief description of new features (mirroring in an assembly, for one) and mention of bug fixes.
  8. wildwood58

Maintenance Renewal SNAFU ?

My maintenance expires on 7-15-2015, I renewed on 7-3-2015 & my order was processed on 7-6-2015. I have a physical Dongle. Today, 5 days after they "cashed my check" (processed my credit card order) my expiration date still shows 7-15-2015. Support has been contacted and they tell me they see...
  9. wildwood58

Has anyone upgraded to V17 yet?

Just notice here that V17 is available, I have not received an official email yet, or seen any "what's new in this version" documentation. I'm holding off for now, need to contact a friend see if he knows about upgrade and or if he plans to upgrade, as we do some projects together and want to...
  10. wildwood58

GM user guide v16

I guess I've gone brain dead, I am trying to find the user guide so I can save the pdf to my ipad...... can anyone help?
  11. wildwood58

"Geomagic Powered"

November 7th Well I just went to the Alibrepowered website, web address is the same but is now called "Geomagic Powered". While I was there I posted some pictures of one of my recent models.
  12. wildwood58

No error pop up

A friend of mine is in the early stages of learning GM, he had a problem trying to do an extrusion. I looked at his model and found he had two small pieces of a line causing the extrusion failure. I opened his sketch first looking for anything obvious, when I did not see anything I attempted and...
  13. wildwood58

trouble selecting surfaces

A friend of mine (new to Geomagic) has been having trouble selecting surfaces for example: 1) when creating a hole and trying to select the "start surface" (yes the start surface box is highlighted) 2) when trying to mate surfaces in an assembly. he is using GM V16, dell inspiron windows 8...
  14. wildwood58

"New License Service" Problem

Copy of email I just sent to our "new license service" and cc to Geomagic support, Sales and MAX.......To say the least I am not happy I can't even open my software......and really unhappy because I just spent $425 on early license renewal and physical dongle See below for email and screen shot...
  15. wildwood58

Malwarebytes 2.0 any problems with V16 ?

Malwarebytes Pro (version1.75) gave me fits with GM2013, is anyone using the most recent version (Malwarebytes 2.0) with our most recent GM version 16 ? I would like the protection but don't want to cause myself unwanted problems
  16. wildwood58

GM 2015 Release ?

Seems like I saw somewhere in the forums talk of early 2014 for the GM2015 release......Is that still the case?
  17. wildwood58

clearence question

I am modeling a part, that is basically a pencil holder (for 3 colored pencils) See attached .jpg measuring these colored pencils I am measuring, basically .25" (which agrees with the 7mm - 7.4mm is what I got googling standard pencil diameters). I want the pencils to tightly fit into the...
  18. wildwood58

system requirements ?

Looking to get a new computer and I'm trying to find the system requirements for GM2014. Presently using a dell studio 17: Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz 4GB RAM 64-bit Windows 7 Professional, Service pack 1
  19. wildwood58

one week after malwarebytes

Today is one week since uninstall of malwarebytes.......my issue has not resurfaced yea ! :D
  20. wildwood58

Geomagic tech support tip for start up lock up issue

Received this suggestion from tech support on Monday: at Geomagic Home screen pick Tools Update Options Check - Do not check for updates automatically That was two days ago, will need more use to know if it helps with my issue fingers crossed