What's new

Search results

1. M

Moved a hole in an assembly, does not update in drawing

Hello, I moved a hole in an assembly, this hole is a feature of the assembly, not of the base part, as it must be set to fasten two assembly parts. When I had the hole in its original position, the hold shows up correctly in the drawing I generate from the assembly. When I moved the hole, the...
  2. M

thin extrude with open loop

I am learning Alibre Design Expert V25. I'm doing an exercise that uses an open loop shown to make an extrusion using the thin extrude. When one hovers over Thin Extrude, one sees this: But I get an error I can't do a thin extrude using the sketch with an open loop above. I'm doing it...
  3. M

Lofting through an angle between two intersecting planes

This is hard to describe. In the attached model I want to loft from sketch 2 to sketch 3. I get the "multiple loops is not supported for lofts" (Loft 20 fails) I can't figure out how to get around this. A pointer in the right direction is much obliged.
  4. M

started on the wrong plane

Hello Alibre experts, I am learning 3D printing and have decided that my design should have been oriented differently when drawn for better printing results. Likely I can get the 3D printer software to rotate it - however it would be best to also have the correct bottom plane in the Alibre...
  5. M

locating holes on reference geometry

I need to create three holes in this very simple adapter. I find myself at odds with the Alibre workflow - I have to be missing something obvious. This part will be 3D printed. For some reason, I can't get the holes located where I need them - on the corners, concentric with the curve of the...
  6. M

reference lines too long, how to shorten them?

Hello, So I have a model where I needed to make a series of holes, and I made some reference lines to locate these holes. My reference lines are really, really, long. I'm not sure how I did that... and now I can't figure out how to shorten them. - Trim does not seem to work - I'm reticent to...
  7. M

dimensioning a circle that is not a full circle

Hello, I have generated some 2D drawings for a project that has cutouts in the door of an enclosure for electrical receptacles. These cutouts are keyed to prevent the receptacles from spinning. So the typical hole looks like this: What I really want to do is indicate the dimension from the...
  8. M

X-Y-Z directions

Hello Alibre Design gurus, I come from a profession (ocean engineering and ocean science) where the +Z axis is up. I suppose that's true for the planet in general. Alibre wants us to all start with the +Z axis to the right. I would like to design something where +Z is up. How do I do this...
  9. M

drawing for two parts in an assembly

Hello, So I am wanting a drawing that shows some details of just one or two parts in an assembly of some number of parts. Essentially a block with a couple of screws through the block, into a base. I want to show the block, with the holes for the screws. The block is a part in that assembly...
  10. M

spotface

Hello Alibre gurus, I am very new to Alibre. I am looking to annotate my 2D drawing for a model to indicate a spotface on a surface. This is a standard symbol and it does not appear under Feature Control Frame. It isn't in the Help either. I've searched the forums. Am I missing something...