What's new

Search results

1. C

Alibre Linear pattern not parametric?

Thanks for perfect answers, both og you. I can proceed now :-)
  2. C

Alibre Linear pattern not parametric?

Hi Alibres :-) I have struggled with this problem for a while. If I secect a reference line or axis as the First direction for linear pattern, then when I change the angle og the reference line or axis, then the pattern seem completely unattached. Why?? What am I doing wrong? Or is this an...
  3. C

Where has 3D sketching gone?

OK. Then I lost it when I upgrated.
  4. C

Hi David J I am comparing it to my old version from 2014 that I upgrated from. I also saw videos Alibre with 3D Sketch:
  5. C

Alibre Atom, recent update
  6. C

Recovering previous save?

Or replace the reference that prevents deleting the sketch?
  7. C

Wire Block Simulation

Thanks for your reply, Harrold. Unfortunately it is not what I am searching for. Kind regards, Christian
  8. C

Wire Block Simulation

A few month ago I saw several nifty solutions in a post here to dynamicly make one side of a wire/tube longer when the other got shorter, so that it was possible to simulate the movenment of 2 wires around a wire block with the mouse. Unfortunately I was not able to find it again. Can anybody...
  9. C

getting back to assembly mode after editing component

It is VERY easy. Simply close your part window and you are back. Remember to save your assembly as this saves your part too.
  10. C

My Ultimate Respect for the Alibre Team

Hi guys. I am sorry to disturb you with a non-topic. I just can't help bursting out with my LOVE for Alibre. This post is triggered because I got a random e-mail with a guy that couldn't see a small segment in the sketch in his bird bath. An I saw he was allready helped when I saw the post...
  11. C

Sweep along a u shape line

Hi Claude. Start with the closed profile first. Then the open path in a plane that is on a 90 degree.to first sketch. Have origin as center for both. Try a simple circle and a bent line first to understand how it works. Kind regards, Christian
  12. C

rotating a feature...What "surfacing Tab"?

Sure :-) You control the distance by the distance (offset) of the mirroring plane
  13. C

Checke image series here. You can place original image outside of the drawing. You can also copy and mirror sketches in the same way.
  14. C

Is it the part or the drawing that is not right? If the PART looks wrong, you can mirror it along both the x and y axis to get what you want. If the DRAWING looks wrong you can reorient and add new drawing views in many, many differnt ways an move single views to show everything exactly as...
  15. C

Understanding simple equations between parts in assemblies

Hi All Thanks a LOT for all your help. Now I know, that it is a limitation in Atom, so instead I made a simple "connector" part that just consists of 2 very small rigids with a long distance between them and use that part to act as an invisible joint that connects 2 rotational parts together...
  16. C

Thanks Harold. This was just a quick and dirty example (I have worked with Alibre since 2014) I kan make it work with hidden links between left and right part, so that when I move one of the parts with my mouse arrow, then the other part moves equally. I like the same function using equations...
  17. C

Hi Guys Kindly see attached image, part and assembly. I can’t get my head around understanding simple equations between parts in assemblies. I want the angle of the left and right part be the same with respect to the bottom, grounded part in this assembly. So if I move any of the left or...
  18. C

I am not seeing a reasonably direct way to do this in Alibre.

In Assembly, right click part in left navigation window and click "Show Reference Geometry". Then in main naviggation on top, click "Measure", click any geometry (Axis) and you should get your numbers.
  19. C

Sub assembly locked when inserted in main assembly

THANKS !!!! IT works :-) Found this: https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/make-it-flexible.12529/
  20. C

Sub assembly locked when inserted in main assembly

Hi Guys In my old version of Alibre I had no problems but now I have. I have created a linked bar mechanism that via alignments of holes works perfectly when I move the inpuy linkage bar. As soon as I insert it in any assembly, it behaves like a solid part and I can't move the sub assemblys...