What's new

Search results

1. K

latest version

Can anyone tell me what the latest version is and where to find it? I see that there is a post from Kyle saying that it is 16.0.1.16490 with a hotfix file. It states that you must have version 16.x.x.x to use the hotfix. I went to download the latest version from the website but all I get is...
  2. K

removing Vault program

Thanks DavidJ, That's what I thought but it's not there. I decided to do a search of "M-File" in the Add/Remove folder and found it. It was listed as "Alibre Vault by M-Files" I kept looking under "G" for Geomagic and "M" for M-Files. Thought they would have changed that but what the heck...
  3. K

removing Vault program

Does anyone know how to remove the vault from computer. I went into the Add/remove Programs in the Control Panel but it's not there. Any ideas? Kevin
  4. K

Deleting a Product

Thanks DavidJ, That worked Kevin
  5. K

Deleting a Product

I just started playing with the Vault and have added a few "folders" under the "Products" view but decided that I wanted to delete one but I find no way to do this. Is there a trick to deleting a folder under Products? Kevin
  6. K

GM Version 16?

Thanks DavidJ, I'll wait and see if they put it on their download page. Kevin
  7. K

GM Version 16?

Does the M-Files Vault (Alibre Ver) work with this new Version of GeoMagic. I did not see it on the 3DS Add-On page as a download. Kevin
  8. K

alibre_unicode_custom.thd

I have located the folder that Lew Merrick is talking about but the files in there are alibre_unicode sample files. I have checked the "view hidden folders/files in the Folder options. Any suggestions? Kevin
  9. K

Dynamics hints and tips

Thanks, Kevin
  10. K

Dynamics hints and tips

Does the oops mean that the correct version is 1231? Kevin
  11. K

Dynamics hints and tips

I just downloaded the program and it is v. 1231 not 1237. Kevin
  12. K

can working from a server cause problems?

Go into th Windows File Explorer then right click on Computer. Then click on Map Network Drives. Find the drive that your Alibre files are located and map it. Your computer will then be mapping the drive and will be a lot faster. Kevin
  13. K

can working from a server cause problems?

I did have some minor problems when we first started using a server but it was not due to an Alibre problem. What I did was map the drive where the AD files were located on the server and it works great. I do beleive that this is a Windows server problem and so does our IT person. Kevin
  14. K

Controlling digits in hole callouts

I have to agree with rogpf44, in an inch-based system (USA) the depth of the drill hole does not include the point. In all my years working, fisrt as a tool maker and now a designer I have never encountered a situation where the drill point was included as part of the specified depth. Kevin
  15. K

A few things for the next version

I have the same problem and I print to pdf all the time. As albie0803 stated it was working great a few years ago. My default paper size is "A" (8.5 x 11) and it works the way it should. If I need to print to a "B" or "C" size sheet I have to manual configure Adobe to print to that size paper...
  16. K

reversed sweep

Thanks Jamie, That did the trick. I am usually aware of that but I haven't used a sweep in a couple of years and totally overlooked it. I also checked all my dimensions on the opposite end (see my second post) and once I locked every path down completely nothing moved when I tried to modify...
  17. K

reversed sweep

Here's the part file. I also noticed that when I try to edit or delete the sweep that 3 other sweeps on the opposite end move. Kevin
  18. K

reversed sweep

Not sure how or why this happens. I created a sweep using a circle along a straight line that worked fine. My next sweep was a circle along a curved path that did not work properly. I followed a path that seems to mirror the path I set. Here are some images to clarify. View of path View of...
  19. K

Giant Red 'X'

I had the same problem a couple of years ago and it was with the screen saver. After screwing with it few a while I discovered that all I had to do was Minimize the window I was in and then Maximize the window. After doing this it all came back to normal and I lost nothing. Kevin
  20. K

2013 Make Licensing work as it should

I also feel that it should be free, at least to exisiting people with a maintenance contract. The price of $199.00 seams excessive. If not free then maybe a small one time charge of $25 or $50. Kevin