What's new

Search results

1. dlaery

What determines the Item number in the BOM?

can that be changed? I am trying to come up with an order of assembly for someone to follow to put the assembly togeather or a set of directions.
  2. dlaery

exploded views

is there a way to delete these or edit them like moving a part? I don't see anything in assembly that shows that I can open any one of these to edit. everything I select Exploded Views it just creates a new one
  3. dlaery

serious problem

I have an assembly i have been working on for 4 weeks and all of the sudden my screen is blank. if i click on a part in the design explorer and edit in a separate window it opens fine and displays the part but when i go back to assembly my screen is blank. i have restarted my computer and still...
  4. dlaery

Rotate the View

I have an assembly with some long parts and some images that are slightly large and those seem to make it difficult to rotate a part to edit or to constrain without the part completely going off the screen out of site. I try to use this Set Rotation Points, sometimes it works and sometimes it...
  5. dlaery

can't change color of a part

I can't change the color of this part. it is a part of an assembly. I can't change the color in the assembly or in the part by itself.
  6. dlaery

Sheet metal square to round loft, export to dxf

I have created a lofted square to round sheet metal part using the Lofted command in sheet metal. when I did a flat pattern it is not lined up on a plane this is a frt view. When I create a drawing, in the preview window of the it, still shows not flat, then I try to rotate it to a flat view...
  7. dlaery

how to get rid of bend lines in a sheet metal drawing?

I am helping a friend who has just purchased Alibre Expert, he has created a sheet metal part with flanges. then created a drawing to export as a dxf. It there a way to get rid of the bend lines in the drawing without editing with another program? the goal is to import into the lazer without...
  8. dlaery

Free screen sharing program

I want my customer to see my progress on a drawing and where he and I can discuss details. looking for something simple and free ?
  9. dlaery

Show Sketching In-Place Editing Menu

in the attached pic i have this selected should it activate this? I don't have that popup menu for sketching?
  10. dlaery

loft-shell-open on both ends?

how does he do this?
  11. dlaery

open solidworks drawing file

I thought I could open a solidworks file, but it looks like Alibre will not open a drawing file slddrw, just part and assembly?
  12. dlaery

constituents

In windows explorer when i RMC on an assembly and select constituents the is a number in brackets [29] what does that mean?
  13. dlaery

video presentation

is there a screen recorder that works good and not so expensive. I have been using google screencastify and it it limited on size, i don't need a lot but something a little better.
  14. dlaery

drawing a sheet metal box with slanted sides

i am drawing an ingot mold to be made out of sheet metal. Is there and easy way to extend my sides to form a corner so when in flat view it can be cut with a lazer cutter. I don't know how to connect the corners.
  15. dlaery

trouble drawing a cone/funnel

i am sure this is simple but i can figure out how. In the part i am trying to make a cone/funnel. I started with the sheet metal cone and wanted a flat pattern to make out of sheet metal but now I want to 3d print instead. in the attached file when i do a loft it is a solid, the "Shell" does...
  16. dlaery

cone flat pattern

i use to have a small program that worked great on making a flat pattern out of a cone. I can't seem to find it. how do i do that in alibre? i have tried the sheet metal but not having much luck
  17. dlaery

modify sketch

in the attached file, i have drawn the top wire form in the pic using lines and arcs. next i did a Save As and now i want to modify the drawing to match the 2nd from the top drawing and make the overall length ( OAL) longer to 1.737" so i double click the dimension which is before clicking...
  18. dlaery

Text on a non planar surface

How do I turn the text around so it is not backwards?
  19. dlaery

constituents is not on the RMC

for some reason this has disappeared. any suggestions? I don't know of anything that I have changed. I will reboot and see if that helps
  20. dlaery

Preview part in windows explorer

since I installed the beta i don't get a preview of the file in windows explorer, is there a way to fix this?