What's new

Search results

1. I

Better way of defining a curve?

Add points,planes and axis to use as means for alignment on these types of surfaces. Since a spline can not have even a tangent constraint then you can define the constraining surfaces using the reference geometry.
  2. I

Removing Alibre/Geomagic

Most likely a link to a file is setup in the registry and that file depends then on the existence of GM. Once Gm was removed the link to the source file was missing. A registry cleaner would have fixed this easy enough as well. It is a downfall of Window using the registry to set certain dlls...
  3. I

Dimension text

Try another template to see if it carries over.
  4. I

2D Sketch

Another option is to create cuts on the 3D part on the sketch plane using configurations. Each one of those can then be used in a 2D drawing for detailing. it will then update with changes to the solid model.
  5. I

Geomagic Design™ Expert 2013 crashes

Here is what I have theorized but have no firm proof of currently. Anti-virus software and windows own search engine opens and reads files for their checks. While doing so the files are locked or otherwise in use by the system. This has been a known issue with other software and a possible...
  6. I

Dimension text

I changed mine to match and it still is above the lines. Try a different (say default) template to see what happens. Try moving your views to a new template. Not sure what else will causes this. Could there be a windows setting? Anyone else wish to interject here?
  7. I

Saving Files As Older Versions

Lew. I am so with you on that. But if I step into politics here (or on the other end business) I would probably get booted from the forum. But sticking to the point I agree there needs to be better ways that the end user will beneficent or should I say the design and engineering world can...
  8. I

Dimension text

My text is above the line but I can not define the distance above (looks to be about 30-40% of the current font height). What font are you using?
  9. I

Old planes and axis'

I had the ideal a long time back that they could right click and select show dependents as a way to at least highlight the features that are linked. Remember it may not be a plane or axis but a sketch when in the parts file. Anyhow you are not the only one who wishes there was a better way to...
  10. I

Sorry Lew but what I intended to say (in laymen terms) was it could be no longer an option for new software in the opening or saving sense. At some point they will have a better file type to include things the old stuff just can not handle but we never know if a new development could change...
  11. I

Old planes and axis'

Don't happen very often but it's always good to be re-enforced.
  12. I

Old planes and axis'

If the delete is not available it means there is something down the tree relying on that feature. Either another plane, axis, or sketch has used the feature so it can not be deleted until that item is first removed.
  13. I

Theoretical Intersection Size

Sounds like a bug needs filed as that could not work in the real world. It may not be a bug per say as it may have actually been programmed to behave that way. But in the least it may get their attention.
  14. I

V16 Bug

Releasing memory has been an issue for many years.
  15. I

I so agree Simon. As for future opening of a file. Well that goes for any software. Stp or iges could even be obsolete in 10 years for all we know.
  16. I

Malwarebytes 2.0 any problems with V16 ?

If there are any problems please report them to Malwarebytes. Any false positives can be taken care of in a single working day if they know about it. I know because I reported it the last time and they were super fast with the update.
  17. I

Problems with Keyshot licensing

Some issues in the past couple years due to the way windows has upped the security. Files and folders may not be yours to have permission even if you have full rights, the only user, the only administrator, etc. I have had several systems screwed up royally because of these updates. Make sure...
  18. I

No way to backwards save.
  19. I

V16 Crash And Freeze

Micheal, What if there would be pin pin code that could be added like we do with bank cards for instance. So you have the license code plus pin code that we add for security and the pin code can be changed like any security code it it gets stolen. That would make my job easier then. So I can...