What's new

Search results

1. I

Drawing to PDF probelms

XP Pro (I know it is not supported) GD 2014 Expert ([VERSION 15,0,1,15081 ] 32-bit) PDF Creator (0.9.3) Having issues sending to pdf in the last few weeks. Was doing fine before that but I think the PDFCreator updated. Select 'Send to PDF' from menu Enter name to save as or old file to append...
  2. I

Plug for a feature request thread.

Well I would like a feature request to get noticed and I hope anyone who uses GM for making molds or anytime where boolean features are needed will add a vote for this feature. It is simple and should be an easy request to fill. I simply wish to be able to see and change section views during...
  3. I

Exporting to get best results.

First off I have used Alibre and now GM 2014 for years. The export of STP and IGES has almost always worked well when importing into my cadcam software for our shop before. However now I am having serious issues with missing surfaces or corrupt geometry. I even export and import back into GM...
  4. I

Portable Alibre

I would love it to be capable of running Alibre from a portable device. (I am talking not needing to install on every system as long as it already has the required supporting tools like dotnet) I know there would always be those systems that can not run correctly or need setting tweeked. But...
  5. I

NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVER WARNING!!

For all of us who like keeping drivers up to date here is a little warning for Nvidia owners posted on the zdnet blog. http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=7551 ... 2;topRated If you have updated to version 196.75 then read!
  6. I

Point entry

Does anyone find it strange that you can enter points in 2D sketches using either vector or polar but not in 3D? Why not polar entry in 3D? Seems pretty basic to me. :?
  7. I

Feature I wish I could vote for!

I know that the voting system is suppose to be where this goes but I am all out of votes myself. I would love to be able to group items in Design Explorer while working on large assemblies. I have, for instance, 10-15 of the same part, screws, sub assemblies, etc. and my tree gets very large...
  8. I

Alibre bug?

In V12 try this. 1) new sheetmetal, create a contour base flange with several curves (important: click reverse thickness), add several other flanges 2) add to assembly and constrain to another solid model 3) add a 3rd solid model and constrain to the 1st but do not fully constrain so that...
  9. I

2D Printing

I know this thread is suppose to be dead but where else would we discuss this stuff. Anyhow I wanted to bring to life the cause of printing 2D with some standard options like any other CAD program would have. I am a little annoyed but will refrain from the rant as I do love Alibre. There are...
  10. I

Other CAD Packages

Has anyone purchased the latest CAD packages from other companies? It's a good thing I don't have to right now but I may need to use Inventor to work with another company. After checking and getting quotes for the latest version I will have to get a used older package (I found a friend with a...
  11. I

Windows Upgrade requires new license

Yep. Any upgrade to winblows and you will have to get a new sight license for Alibre. Just went from Vista basic to premium (no upgrade options for vista basic to windows 7 ---- MS= :evil: ).
  12. I

Forum problems.

I am usually the one helping others do this but I am stumped (or maybe just too tired to think). XP Pro system. New system for only a few weeks. Most likely had some update that started this. I log onto this forum and it says I am logged in then tries to direct me to the forum and then I am...
  13. I

V11.1 bugs

Thought we could get a thread just for any we found and keep them together. 1) 2D drawings, Dimension with tolerances added. Suffix text overlaps the tolerance values. Work around is to add spaces before the text.
  14. I

What other software do you use with Alibre?

I use several software where I work and in conjuction with Alibre we get plenty done. Just asking so please no bashing. I use Bobcad/cam a cheaper software but with potential and it has many little feature Alibre doesn't. Like the surface modeling, vectorizing text, surface coloring with solid...
  15. I

Just a little fun.

Was doing some testing to see what I could do. Now if I had the ability to color surfaces this could get interesting along with motion.
  16. I

DWG export improvements.

I know V11 is a very good improvement over V10 but there are still some issues I would like to see addressed. My top issue is with dimensioning. If I open an Alibre exported dwg or dxf file in AC it looks pretty good but then I attempt to change anything in the default text style and the...
  17. I

Modifying dimension style scaling.

I would like something used in some cases for scale modeling where there are large assemblies and finished drawings but where a scaled dimensioned print is needed. I would like to be able to change the scale of the dimension style thus changing the entire sheet dimension without modifying the...
  18. I

Machining made easy!

This was just too easy. I usually use another program for machining so I have not more than played with AlibreCAM until yesterday. I had a fixture that needed 3D machining and decided to try out AlibreCAM. I created my first path in under 5 minutes. It took me a while to get my Mazak post the...
  19. I

LogMeIn Discussion (Split from Useful Links Thread)

LogMeIn Discussion (Split from Useful Links Thread) EDIT: Jordan, here. Split this off the Useful Links thread to help keep things orderly. :wink: Logmein is a great tool. The paid one allows direct moving of files between the systems.
  20. I

exploded dxf

exploded dxf not sure of scale though