What's new

Search results

1. D

Extra Vertical Spacing within Notes in Drawing.

Hi, I'm having a problem in the 2D drawing editor. When I try to write a Note, there is a lot of extra blank spacing inserted at the bottom. I've attached a small snip of the drawing and the Note Editor. Can someone help me get rid of this extra space? Thank you! Dave
  2. D

Assembly Boolean is not creating a .SAT file it seems to need to process

I'm using an Assembly Boolean to create a mold cavity in Alibre V25. When I am done selecting the Blanks and Tools, then hit OK, a messasge window opens saying: Messages Could not find file 'C:\Users\ddoerschuk\AppData\Local\Temp\Assembly_Boolean_(2).SAT'. When I looked in the...
  3. D

Tools to aid in building complex sprues (trees)

I'm preparing a prototype run of about 50 sets of a six-part device in SLS. The device is small, and so the 50 sets will fit within the printer's bounding box. I've found a compact geometry to pack the six parts, and am now making the sprues (trees) to hold the parts together. Then, all 50...
  4. D

"Save As" sub-window size and readability

This is hopefully not the most interesting question anyone reads today! Shown below is the result in Alibre v23 on Windows 10 executing a "Save As" request. On the larger window, I've selected the top left icon that self-identifies as "Copy data from Selected Item to Other Items". This brings...
  5. D

Flat Washer (disc) with a periodic wave on the OD

Alibre Cognoscenti, I want to make a part similar to a wave washer. It's a disc, located in the XY plane. Thickness: 5 mm OD: 200 mm Center Hole diameter: 30 mm The disc is completely flat from the center point out to a radius of 50 mm,. From the 50 mm radius circle, out to the edge of the...
  6. D

Imported .DWG drawing of map: new Alibre dim & label text much too small

My work is almost all with parts measuring much less than a cubic meter. Today, however, I needed to import a .DWG Autocad plat map into Alibre. The map is of an land area measuring 350 feet east/west and 450 feet north/south. The new 2018 importing facility worked perfectly with units set to...
  7. D

Pathetic question about parameters

Sorry to bother you all with this simple question, but I cannot seem to find an answer. In an assembly, I'm using a large number of pieces of stock material: 2 inch x 4 inch lumber. I've got one part: "2 by 4 Lumber.AD_PRT" that shows a 2x4 cross section, with an extrude boss having the...
  8. D

2D Sketch Analysis: for me, error indicators are now very difficult to find.

On the new 2017.1 version, I notice that the sketch closure analysis that happens whenever you close a 2D sketch produces error indicators that are very difficult for me to see. The indicators were always a bit difficult for me; little red backgrounds showing where the error was, but they've...
  9. D

Part file schizophrenia within an assembly

I'm using 32-bit AD Expert 2011 (still; we're finishing a project before upgrading to 2012) on XP SP3 with M-Files 7.0 running locally on the same computer as AD. In an assembly called Machine, we've inserted a part called Nut. Works fine. Now, we insert a part called Bolt. The image in...
  10. D

Design Props don't populate 2-D Drawing Fields with Configs

Sorry, not the clearest subject line I've ever written. Length-limited. Using AD Expert 2011 with M-Filex 6.0.2325.14. I've got a custom drawing template that has worked well for several months. It uses Design Properties to fill in some of the Fields in the template. When creating 2-D...
  11. D

AD Professional Edition to Mastercam: best file interchange

I've got a 10-part assembly that I'm sending to a local machine shop next week. They use Mastercam to run their mills, but claim to have no particular preference as to input file type. I've never used a CAM program, and don't know the difference between the various file formats that Alibre...
  12. D

Sweep of sketch fails: "Feature results in an invalid body"

I've reduced the attached part file down to a single failed sweep feature. The Status of the feature is: "ACISERROR_INVALID_BODY_RESULT: Operation - The Feature results in an invalid Body." If you replace the Object sketch with something trivial, like a circle, the sweep works correctly, so I...
  13. D

Temporary instances of "CHANGE_LOST_ENT" error

Since upgrading to AD 2011, I've had numerous instances of the following scenario happening. A) Edit a Part file B) Save the sketch C) Notice that some feature, generally (always?) lower down on the Explorer list, is showing a red error icon on the feature entry. D) Examining the status...
  14. D

Checking-in files that were checked-out by a different user

I'm using AD 12.1 and M-Files 6. My motherboard failed, and it was old enough to where I couldn't replace it but had to upgrade. Fortunately, the Raid-1 mirror was totally intact and could be moved to the new PC without any problem. I installed AD and M-Files on the new system disk, and...
  15. D

Making one gear drive another gear

I'd like to show two gears in the same plane interact with each other, that is, selecting one gear with the cursor and rotating it will cause the other gear to rotate, and vice versa. I'm thinking that it needs to be done with either a hidden linkage of some sort, or an equation or two, but I...
  16. D

2D Sketch: dimensioning Detail Views & Section Views

I'm using: Alibre Design™ Expert 10.0 Alibre Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 10,0,1,10059 ] on an XP SP2 machine. While doing 2D sketches and using either Detail Views or Section Views, I am having problems with the Dimension tool and the Ordinate Dimension tool. On the Standard views, both...
  17. D

Dimensioning Ellipses in 2D drawings

Forum members, I apologize, I posted this new topic yesterday evening, but due to early brain death I was calling the curves parabolas, not ellipses. Over 30 people read the post, and must have wondered whether I had lost my mind. I had. Fortunately, it seems to be back again, and so I...
  18. D

Dimensioning parabolas & parabolic arcs in drawings

I'm sorry, this new topic posting had a serious error in it. I've edited this original post, and opened a new topic about dimensioning ellipses. I'm also sentencing myself to re-take high school geometry and get straight on the difference between ellipses and parabolas. And other conic...
  19. D

Part suddenly has no endpoints, can't be dimensioned

Part suddenly has no endpoints, can't be dimensioned I'm running Expert version 10,0,1,10059. I've got a part that has gone through many revisions. I only edit it in 2D sketch mode. It has always been well behaved. Suddenly, it's acting very strangely: 1) All the existing...
  20. D

Editing a part doesn't update a drawing of the part?

Editing a part doesn't update a drawing of the part? In Alibre v10, SP1, when I edit a part that has previously had a drawing created, the edits made to the part never get updated in the drawing. I was under the impression that this was done automatically, but I certainly could be...