What's new

Search results

1. beastro

Metric trapezoidal therad

Hi, I have to model a metric trapezoidal thread (24mm/5mm pitch) for a 3d-printed replacement part of a table saw. It's been some time since I tackled thread modelling in Alibre. Is there now any "automatized" tool available to actually model the thread or does this still work by creating a...
  2. beastro

Crash when opening

Hi, All of the sudden, Alibre is repeatedly crashing when opening an assembly. Never happened before. I am suspecting there is a problem with some constraints in the assembly, but that should not prevent Alibre from opening the assembly. Is there any way to open the file and see what is going...
  3. beastro

Invisible constraints

Good afternoon, I just stumbled over the fact that in sketch view some constraints are not documented with symbols and therefore cannot be deleted. Is there a way to make them visible or to somehow select them? Thanks Berthold
  4. beastro

Joints

Hi, Apparently, there is a tool in Fusion360 to split an object into two using a "cutting tool". I attach the image of a friend who is using this to make joints for 3d prints. Short of using a boolean subtract, which would leave you with two half pieces of the same part that cannot be easily...
  5. beastro

Competition

Just in case I missed some important news.... ;-) Have the votes been counted already? Regards
  6. beastro

Drawing tiled printout

Good morning, I hardly ever use the drawing function of Alibre, so forgive me if this is a no-brainer... Wanting to print a 1:1 drawing of a design in order to use it as a template to transfer the shape to a piece of wood to be cut, is there a way to get tiled printout that spans over various...
  7. beastro

V21 to V22 conversion

Hi, I just found that in some complex assemblies some parts were not ported automatically to V22. I had to open them manually, edit the first (greyed out) Sketch of the part and only then they became visible in the part file and the assembly. Regards
  8. beastro

Export to CNC

Good afternoon, I have to export some parts that will be cut by a local service on a CNC wood cutting machine. I have never used those type of services. What kind of file do they require and are there any special parameters that have to be observed in terms of cutting resolution? I would like...
  9. beastro

Simlab 9 & Alibre part configurations

Hi, I am having problems exporting an assembly to Simlab 9, as some parts configurations are not ported correctly... Anybody else is having those problems too? Regards
  10. beastro

Script reference resolution

Hi, This is a rather trivial but nevetheless somewhat limiting issue. On my high DPI display (Surface Pro) the reference documentation for scripting within Alibre shows up in a tiny almost undecipherable typeface. The normal Alibre help displays just fine on the other hand. Since both use the...
  11. beastro

Constrain Multiple faces

Good evening, I have to tangent constrain a surface that is composed of a Fibonacci sequence. Screenshots attached. The Bearing has to move over its entire length tangental to the supports. However, the problem is that the bearing surface is segmented in 3 faces since it has to be constructed...
  12. beastro

Physical properties for 3d prints

Hi again, I am sure this must have come up before. Obviously there is quite a deviation from reality of the physical properties calculated by Alibre for 3d printed parts, as the partial infill is not taken into consideration. I am considering to create some dummy materials with adjusted...
  13. beastro

Centre of gravity

Hi, I would like to create a script to execute "physical properties", take Centre of gravity data from there and create a point relativ to the origin of the assembly representing that centre of gravity. Each time the script is run again, it should depending on the preference either create a...
  14. beastro

3D material density

Hi, For whoever needs it, I compiled some 3D material densities to add to the materials custom libraries: ;; 3D printing plastics ;; *ABS,1.04,grams,centimeter,Plastic,Plastic *ASA,1.05,grams,centimeter,Plastic,Plastic *CARBON-FIBER,1.3,grams,centimeter,Plastic,Plastic...
  15. beastro

Physical properties

Hi, Surely, I am missing something... I want to calculate the total mass and centre of gravity of some assembly and found that I only get the Alibre only returns the mass of the topmost subassembly in the object tree. Is there a special trick to make it include all items of the assembly...
  16. beastro

Splined carburettor tool

Hi, Does anybody of you have a model for a splined carburettor adjustment tool? Thanks! Berthold
  17. beastro

STL "import"

Hi, Has anybody discovered a working procedure to get an existing STL file into Alibre. For those of us who work with 3d printing and have to modify existing STL design files, it would be very important to have some way to import mesh files. Regards Berthold
  18. beastro

How do you use script?

Hi, This might sound like a silly question, so forgive me please .. I am wondering how the scripting feature/interface is used by you? Do you use it to substitute recurring tasks, or new part generation etc.? I am asking, because I am still not sure what it can do for me, or when/wehther it...
  19. beastro

Face Mask design

Hi, Our Coronavirusmaker community in Spain has received a request from hospitals to get into designing and producing some face masks. I found many designs that would provide a good starting point, but cannot usefully import them in Alibre to modify them from there. I usually design from...
  20. beastro

Install location

Hi, A quick question. I am going to try out the new version before renewing my maintanance. I see that the installer defaults to overwriting the old version. Is this correct? Should I install in a new directory like "Alibre_21"? Regards Berthold