What's new

Search results

1. C

Issues with the loft tool, a nice clean example of where AD seems to always fail me

Now that AD is actually being maintained again, I am going to take a few minutes and document some problems I have with AD whenever I attempt to do geometry more complicated than rectangles and holes. I have been working on a 1/43 slot car design, with the intent of 3D printing the majority of...
  2. C

help - export ansi c drawing to tif or png to scale

I'm having great difficulty getting any of the export methods to give me an image file that is actually 1:1 scale. I am trying to export a C size drawing 1:1 for import into Inkscape. I've tried the File~export command, and have tried the png and tiff file types. The issue with these is the...
  3. C

V10.1 release?

V10.1 release? Any ideas when V10.1 will come out? It usually comes out about 1 week after I install x.0, so I'm trying to wait this time and save the 45/60 min of my life....
  4. C

enhancement, import more file types, Blender!!!

enhancement, import more file types, Blender!!! If Alibre would import ANY of the file types that Blender can export, then one could use Blender as a surface modeller (for curvy stuff), and pull it into Alibre. Blender exports .stl files. As Alibre already also exports .stl...
  5. C

Does anybody have Alibre installed on a Linux OS with WINE?

Does anybody have Alibre installed on a Linux OS with WINE? With Windoze Vista on the horizon I'd like to at least get line of site to getting completely away from MS before the end of the year. Currently I dual boot, and the only thing forcing me to keep my Windows installation is Alibre...
  6. C

set file properties through api, document number, revision

set file properties through api, document number, revision Has anyone found a way to set the other properties on the "general" tab with the API. I can set the part number, and the properties that are specific to the file, but I'd like to use the API to set the properties that are...
  7. C

configurations, how many can be had in a single file? limits

Has anyone found out how many configurations you can have in a file? Is there a set limit, or is the only limit memory? Has anyone had any issues to report due to having a large number of configurations in a part or assembly file?
  8. C

API - bug?? occurrences.add - and assembly configs

API - bug?? occurrences.add - and assembly configs I'm trying to programmatically add a part to an assembly. All is fine if I have a simple assembly (only contains parts) or a "complex" assembly (contains subassemblies. However, if I have a complex assembly with configurations...
  9. C

api, programmatically change a parameter in an open part

api, programmatically change a parameter in an open part Does anyone have some sample api code that does the following: Looks at a part that is open in session and changes a parameter in that part, say D1. Forces a regen of the part. I think I have the regen part completed...
  10. C

balloon callouts wont display, V9 upgrade

balloon callouts wont display, V9 upgrade Recently upgraded to V9 - So I insert my BOM into the drawing, and the callout button becomes active. I select the callout tool, and then try to apply a callout (pick part, then pick to place balloon). The bounding box of the...
  11. C

modelpressreader, installation V9

modelpressreader, installation V9 Hi all, Trying to install the latest version of Modelpressreader. I downloaded the reader file fromt the alibre site, and I try to run it, but I get an error message. Setup has experienced and error. Please do the following...
  12. C

rotate parts when making exploded view

rotate parts when making exploded view I seem to be unable to rotate parts about their own axis when making an exploded view. I'm unable to find reference to this in the manual or online help. Am I missing something here?
  13. C

algor surfaces missing designcheck spring model screenshots

algor surfaces missing designcheck spring model screenshots Here's a screenshot pre meshing in algor
  14. C

designcheck algor surfaces missing on import

designcheck algor surfaces missing on import Is anyone else seeing problems with the import of model geometry into designcheck? Specifically, some surfaces come up missing? I will post some pictures in the binaries of a simple helical spring model I'm working on. What do...
  15. C

cast brass

cast brass Here's the material I used to have before 8.2 I can't get this in photorenderer any more.
  16. C

photorender 8.2 fewer choices?

photorender 8.2 fewer choices? I seem to remember having a material option of "Cast Bronze" or "Cast Brass" in the past version of photorender. It appears to have gone away. Does anyone else have this?
  17. C

sketcher - insert nodes onto sketch entity, equally spaced

sketcher - insert nodes onto sketch entity, equally spaced Is there a good way in sketcher to add say 120 nodes equally spaced to an arbitrary spline? In acad, there is a divide command, and you pick the entity then enter in how many points to add. I want something similar to this. Any...
  18. C

background color in sketcher

background color in sketcher Something I've noticed in other CAD packages that Alibre doesn't have is that you can't set the background color of sketcher to be different from the 3D workspace background color. In other packages I've used, you can either set...
  19. C

Sheetmetal - Curved Edge as base for flange

Sheetmetal - Curved Edge as base for flange I designed some small sheetmetal parts, and found it very annoying that the base edge for all sheetmetal flange features must be a straight line. The sheetmetal integration in any other CAD package I've used has supported...
  20. C

blender3d export to Alibre

blender3d export to Alibre Does anyone out there have a way to export something from blender3d that can be imported into Alibre? Alibre will export an .stl file which can be opened in blender, but I can't see how to get back from blender to Alibre. Any...