What's new

Search results

1. Ex Machina

10 Black Belt Moves in Alibre!

So, here's a compilation of various little tips and tricks I use daily in Alibre. Some you can find in older videos of mine, some are updates from those videos and some are new. Let me know what you think guys and if you have any other little tips and tricks you use and you'd like to share with...
  2. Ex Machina

How to Excel in Alibre! Connecting spreadsheets to part parameters

The excel add-in in Alibre offers amazing capabilities! You can drive parameters off of tables with lookup functions, find specific values with INDEX and MATCH function combos, use logical functions and much more. But more to the point, you can drive multiple parts from one spreadsheet or a...
  3. Ex Machina

Rookie to Rocking it: A Masterclass in 3D Sketching in Alibre

Here's a video with all the tips and tricks I use to design using 3D sketches in Alibre. I also show how I switch planes and continue sketching from the same place. I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to hear comments or additional questions on 3D sketching. P.S. Here's the Pneumatic cylinder...
  4. Ex Machina

Everything you ever wanted to know about Sheet Metal (but were afraid to ask)

Hello again everyone! This is a very thorough, almost hour-long, video on the Sheet Metal tools in Alibre! I tried to get a couple of words in for everything. Over the coming weeks, along with other uploads, I will be cutting this video up to shorter ones. My goal is to have one per topic so...
  5. Ex Machina

Deep Dive on Catalog Features: How to, and Where To, use them!!!

A deep dive on Catalog Features. I talk about how to make them, how to use them, and where they can add value! Catalog Features are a great way to repeat a single feature or a single sketch. It is often the case that a single sketch needs to be repeated over and over, like a logo, or a feature...
  6. Ex Machina

Global Parameters. How to define them, how to link a part or assembly to them and what they can do.

Here's a video I did on Global Parameters. I show an assembly that I have made Global Parameters for and then I design a steering wheel from scratch, make an assembly with it and its bolts and define the bolt count as a global parameter. Take a look at the video and let me know what you think...
  7. Ex Machina

How to create Parametrically controlled variable geometry patterns

In this video I show how to create pattern where each instance is different and the variance is driven by geometry that can be selected. Any plane, face, surface, etc. can be used to drive the variable pattern. Check it out and let me know what you can do with this little method. Also, let me...
  8. Ex Machina

Potential bug in the 2D drawing environment.

Hey guys, I made this quick and dirty drawing to show in my latest video. It wasn't even annotated properly, but... I set in my properties that I wanted First Angle projection. That is the ISO standard and is the predominant way in Europe. The two views came in correctly, but when I did the...
  9. Ex Machina

Amazing news announced today by Too Tall Toby!

Monster move by Alibre giving licences to the speed modelers of Too Tall Toby's Speed Modeling Championship. Massive KUDOS!
  10. Ex Machina

Assembly Mirror Pattern Deep Dive

After watching the latest video Joseph put out where he uses a Mirror Pattern to substitute a Linear Pattern (I enjoyed that more than I should've. I might have calculated that you'll need the least amount of mirrors per instances when your final feature count has a MOD(2^x)<1. Still working...
  11. Ex Machina

How to create Regular Polygons that are parameter driven.

Here's a video on how to create Regular Polygons that you can change the number of sides via a parameter. Create anything from a Triangle, to a Hexagon, to an Octagon, to any Regular Polygon that your system can manage to render! Great for designing toolchangers, rotary systems, and any system...
  12. Ex Machina

How to calculate the inner volume of a container precisely.

In this video, you will see the method we use to calculate the volume of a vial, vase, tank or any other type of container. Using this method in Alibre, you will get a separate file with the shape of the volume of the container, for which you can then calculate the physical properties and get an...
  13. Ex Machina

How to fill an area with a honeycomb pattern

After Harold made the comment in the thread on how to create an area fill pattern with an equation, I tried to develop a way to fill an area with a honeycomb pattern. In the end, I developed 2. Both are with some assumptions made. Take a look at the video and let me know what you think. Also...
  14. Ex Machina

How to get multiple radii in one fillet feature

In this tutorial you will see how you can get different radii in one Fillet feature.
  15. Ex Machina

How to create an area fill pattern that parametrically fills an area and adjusts with it.

In this tutorial you will see how to use one simple equation that can create a fill pattern. It works in Alibre although it should work on other Parametric CAD software as well. This equation is based on the parameters of the area you want to fill, such as the length, width, height, etc. The...
  16. Ex Machina

How to make a line vertical to a circle and what is actually means

What does it mean to be vertical to a circle? And where can it be used? Check this out to find out. But it doesn't only work on circles. It also works on splines and ellipses.
  17. Ex Machina

How to prevent the ViewCube from resetting your measurement

It is often the case that when you use the Measure command, you might want to see the line that is generated from a specific view. But as soon as you click on that view on the view cube, the measurement line goes away. In this video, you'll find how to avoid that in Alibre
  18. Ex Machina

How to dynamically create 3D formed threads for 3D printing and control the tolerances.

So, this is the video I shared in another thread here on the forums. I'm reposting it here so it is easier to find. It's about creating a "custom tool" to make 3D threads quickly and easily using the Dynamic Parts Library of Alibre. In his video, you will see how to design, make into a dynamic...
  19. Ex Machina

How to select hidden edges for filleting, chamfering, projecting, etc.

Here is a video I've made on how you can select edges on hidden surfaces without spinning the model around. This can reduce the time needed to define certain features. It even works in assemblies if the edge is hidden by another part, making the Fastener Constraint a breeze to apply. Let me...
  20. Ex Machina

Create custom drawing template

I was going to look it up and try to figure it out myself, but since you're asking... A tutorial on: How to make a drawing template with a custom title block, notes, etc.