What's new

Search results

1. K

2D View Alignment Help... Please!!!

Alibre Design Expert V27 User I started a 2D Drawing and selected Front, Side and Back Standard Views and inserted them into my Drawing Template - Sheet<1>. I begin dimensioning the views and realized I didn't have as much detail as I wanted, so changed the scale from 1= 6 to 1=4. This was...
  2. K

V26 Help... Restoring Toolbars

This afternoon, I downloaded/installed V26. I was trying to customize and reshape some of the existing toolbars, like Sketch... remove a couple of items that I don't use and make the toolbar vertical. Finally figured out how to make it vertical and drag it to the right side of the screen, but...
  3. K

Version 12 ready, yet?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D
  4. K

v.11 Release Date???

I thought it was to be today. Any word/update, yet? Thanks!
  5. K

Wrapping Text in a BOM

I have a rather long description for one of my parts. This causes it to run out of room in the BOM. I cannot make the BOM any wider or increase the legnth of the "Description" field in the BOM. I really want to be able to wrap the text for that field. Is this possible? I know how to...
  6. K

10.1 Upgrade?

What happened to the upgrade download? I tried to upgrade - already had 10.0 - and only got 10.0SP1; or, is that the upgrade?. My profile still says 10.0, though. I had already upgraded the computer at my other office, last week. Thanks!
  7. K

Weld Symbols - Printing out too light.

Weld Symbols - Printing out too light. I am having a problem with my weld symbols in my drawings. Creating them and placing them on my drawings is no problem. However, whenever I print the drawing, the weld symbol is so light, that it is VERY hard to see. The tail...
  8. K

Old Question - EXTERNAL Cosmetic Threads??

Old Question - EXTERNAL Cosmetic Threads?? For things like bolts, studs, and threaded pipe nipples/ends, I know that I can actually make the external threads using Revolve Boss, Revolve Cut, Helical Boss, and Helical Cut; however, those add a tremendous amount of unecessary...
  9. K

Activate Windows?

Activate Windows? Why is my computer asking me if I want to "Activate this copy of Windows"? I downloaded and installed the ALGOR add-on from the Alibre' Website. After I rebooted my machine, to complete the installation, I was asked the above...
  10. K

Problems with 3D PDF Publishing??

Problems with 3D PDF Publishing?? I can't get Alibre V10 Expert to publish a 3D PDF File. Was getting an error message... something about "cocreate..... module not found....". Anyone else having this problem and/or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance!! :D
  11. K

Need to lay out 3 radial lines at 120deg.

Need to lay out 3 radial lines at 120deg. I guess I'm missing something, but I cannot seem to layout 3 radial lines at 120deg. There is no angle dimension command, or, if there is, I cannot find it. I want to layout 3 refenence lines, so that I can sketch a part that will...
  12. K

WOOHOO!! I won 6 months of additional maintenance!!

WOOHOO!! I won 6 months of additional maintenance!! I entered the AutoCad ---> Alibre, survey/contest and was selected as one of the winners of 6 months added maintenance - FREE! :D Thanks Alibre!!
  13. K

Mouse Wheel does not Zoom....

Mouse Wheel does not Zoom.... I got a new Logitech Trackball, yesterday. This one has "three" buttons and a wheel. The wheel is a button and a wheel. I choose Zoom, click on the part (hold down the click/select button) and turn the wheel. Nothing happens...
  14. K

What is Cursor-Centric Zooming?

What is Cursor-Centric Zooming? And how does I "turn it on"?
  15. K

Where is a good place/way to advertise my design services?

Where is a good place/way to advertise my design services? I am in need of some contract work. My design services company is less than 2 years old, but I have 20+ years experience as a Mechanical Engineer/Designer. I have Bachelor's Degrees in Applied Physics and Mechanical Engineering...
  16. K

More Sketching Enhancements....

More Sketching Enhancements.... 1. Add an option for turning on a "Realtime Dimenison/Coordinate Box" that would show up whenever you selected any feature command. This box could/should also show the exact coordinate position of the pointing device whenever there...
  17. K

Direct Dimensioning of Features

Direct Dimensioning of Features Is it possible to directly dimension or size a feature, like a circle for example, before ending the command? Currently, when I sketch a circle, even if I know what exact diameter I want it to be, I have to just draw a generic...
  18. K

A Glorious 4th of July to All in the USA!!

A Glorious 4th of July to All in the USA!! As we celebrate the birth of our nation, I just wanted to say: God Bless You All and God Bless America! :D
  19. K

Filed incident related to Excessive Centerlines

Filed incident related to Excessive Centerlines I appreciate the help on turning centerlines/centermarks on/off. Unfortunately, I ran into a bug that is causing a problem with doing this. I have my 2D drawing template set up with centerlines and centermarks turned OFF. If I...
  20. K

Excessive Centerlines

Excessive Centerlines I have an assembly that has several rollers in it. For each roller: the roller has a centerline; the bearings in the end have a centerline(s); the stubshaft/bolt has a centerline; the washer has a centerline; and, finally, the...