What's new

Search results

1. G

"Legacy" versions losing the ability to generate licenses

I've come by long experience to know better when companies call their licensing schemes "perpetual" or permanent in any way, so I guess this is no surprise. As of the server decommissioning next month, Alibre has chosen to also remove the ability to generate licenses for existing copies of the...
  2. G

Need more info on licensing

Further, as I had this issue last night, if you need to deactivate a license remotely, you must call support and beg them to do it. And they cannot release *a* license, they can only release *all* licenses, as they apparently can't tell what license is associated with each computer. So you'll...
  3. G

Disappearing faces on GD-generated parts

Yeah, it's always someone else's problem, right? In my case it happens with the same part on three different machines, all with wildly different video drivers and chipsets. The same issue. And why are the same faces still missing when I export to .bip for KeyShot?
  4. G

Disappearing faces on GD-generated parts

The attached is a pencil model, the body and "paint" are generated with GD. When I regenerate the part, some of the fillets are disappearing. Why is this?
  5. G

Broken color assignments?

I could swear I tried all the possible settings. I'll have another look when I'm back at that machine in the morning. Thanks
  6. G

Did that. Ended up with a part where fillets and secondary features where default color, but the body itself was that yellow. Are you seeing the issue if you pull it into an assembly?
  7. G

I've been noticing more and more little buggy things recently. This one has to do with part color. The attached part changes color when I pull it into an assembly. Original part color, etc. don't have anything to do with it. No matter what I do to the colors it always pulls into an assembly...
  8. G

We still haven't fixed the file association bug?

It's a Win7 thing, apparently. It's been going around for the last three or so versions of Alibre/GM. Pain in the neck, but thanks to third party software it's fixable. Seems like it should be pretty easy to fix within the software, though.
  9. G

We still haven't fixed the file association bug?

The "open with" bug that's been hanging around for at least two years? I just installed the "new" GM and lost my file associations in Windows.
  10. G

V16 Bug

Alibre/Geomagic has had horrible garbage collection for the last several releases, and appears to be getting worse.
  11. G

What happens to this forum after today

I have just created a subreddit for Geomagic: http://www.reddit.com/r/Geomagic/ Feel free to head over there and join up & subscribe. Getting a reddit account doesn't even require an email address, and is pretty easy to use. It can be another way to communicate and learn, and stay in touch...
  12. G

GM Version 16?

I'm not in any hurry personally. The "upgraded" functionality doesn't apply to me really.
  13. G

GM Version 16?

I'm waiting to hear from Sales, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Reading the "What's New" doc, pretty much all of the updates are geared towards 3D printing, mesh imports, and scanning. As expected, it seems the software is slowly becoming a front end for 3D printers. No more mechanical...
  14. G

GM Version 16?

Yeah. I'm noticing it says only two installs. I've been grandfathered to three in the past (down from my original five). I wonder if I'll continue to be grandfathered in.
  15. G

GM Version 16?

Just got an email: Thank you for your purchase or renewal from 3D Systems. Includes a link t GM version 16, looks like. Is this a release?
  16. G

Alibre/Geomagic News

Oh, I agree completely! It's not that 3DS can't talk about things due to being a public company... we all know this line is nonsense, and it's kind of insulting that they keep trotting it out. Rather, it's that they won't allow people who used to be higher up on the food chain to speak in a...
  17. G

Alibre/Geomagic News

This all sounds great and promising. The biggest problem I see here is that 3DS can't seem to be arsed to tell us all this themselves.
  18. G

Constant windows explorer crash

Backed down from the ledge. I have a meeting in an hour. I was able to get a command window to open, and deleted the most recent part files I had, which happened to be translated SW files. The file is gone forever now so unfortunately I can't send it to support. I have to say, though, that...
  19. G

Constant windows explorer crash

This is simply unreal. I cannot use my primary computer because of a constant loop of Windows Explorer crashes. The culprit? ad_thumbnail_viewer64.dll. I can't do anything with this machine. I can't even boot to safe mode. I'm dead in the water, and can't express in public forum how angry I...
  20. G

Auto-Constraints for Sketch Offset

I'd be happy if the actual projected edges would maintain their associations!