What's new

Search results

1. A

Creating a hull from a table of offsets?

Just curious is there is a way in Alibre to create a ship's hull from a table of offsets? Perhaps using the Excel spreadsheet function? Are there any tutorials available? Many thanks, Robert
  2. A

Future updates to Alibre?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum section. My Maintenance is about to expire, or actually already has, and before I re-up I'm wondering if there's any news on updates to the program in the near future? Is there anything that is definitely coming within the year? Many thanks, Bob
  3. A

Looking for a home 3D scanner.

Good Sunday, all! I'm looking for a reasonably priced home 3D scanner and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions. I've got an HP Z 3D scan camera but its never worked right. I got it on a super steep sale two years ago so I'm not complaining about that, but having something that...
  4. A

"Non planar face" that is actually quite flat problem...

Good evening all, I'm hoping that someone can help with this. I frequently design parts in Moment of Inspiration and then import them into Alibre at STEP, SAT, of 3DM files. They tend to import just fine, no missing faces or anything like that. However, when I try to extrude off of or into the...
  5. A

Making Alibre respond faster post V23-update

Hi all, Is there a way to speed up the program? I mean, since the updates the performance if Alibre is downright Post Office-esque. It will take over ten seconds for the Boolean Unite dialogue to come up after its selected, for example, let alone work. Project to Sketch takes up to fifteen...
  6. A

Copying a 3D sketch

Hi all, Is there a way to copy a 3D sketch? I've laid out a sweep, but for 3D printing purposes I'd like to print the sweep part separately from the main part, a Star Trek warp nacelle. However, I can't figure out how to copy the 3D sketch to be swept. I'd like to ultimately create the sweep in...
  7. A

Slowing down the spin.

Evening, So, I just upgraded the other day and many of my prior settings didn't carry over. No problem, I can reset the mouse sensitivity, sketching preferences, etc. However... Now, when I activate a surface (to sketch on it, to extrude, etc.) the whole image or design spins ultra fast to show...
  8. A

Getting rid of a small feature...

Hi all, I'm CADding up a bridge for a Star Trek model that will eventually be printed into a commercial kit (I hope) and I've run into a snag. The bridge dome keeps ending up with a little lip on the leading edge of the dome. Its there no matter what I do to the sketches. Any ideas on how to...
  9. A

Boolean mirror?

Hi all, I did a Boolean subtract operation on a scale model that I'm designing. No problem there. However, I want to mirror that Boolean Subtract to the other side of the model. The Feature Mirror function won't do that, however. The design in question is a Star Trek starship hull so it's...
  10. A

Missing surfaces - they just disappear...

Hi all, Okay, so I'm having a problem. I can deal with Alibre running slowly on my Ryzen 2700X BEAST (32 GB RAM, Zotac 2080, yeah life is good!). However, now whenever I perform certain actions like filleting or in this case, a revolve, faces and surfaces just disappear. When I export the file...
  11. A

Has anyone used the HP Z Camera?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/z-3d-camera/overview.html This looks like a great, relatively inexpensive way to image objects, port them to a CAD program, and then edit and model from them with an ultimate eye towards printing. I mainly model small fine scale models and detail parts...
  12. A

Strange callouts in Alibre

Hi all, Last night, for some bizarre reason Alibre just started acting buggy and slow for no apparent reason. Then, it crashed. And, crashed again after restart. Well, now the display looks like this, with black squares instead of dimension call outs. Any idea how to reset this back to normal...
  13. A

STL Import

Hi all, I'm wondering if the new Alibre will upgrade or improve its STL import capabilities? Time and time again, the program is simply unable to do so. I'm using a Core I7 with a nice Nvidia graphics card so I know it's not a hardware issue. In fact, back in the day when I started using Alibre...
  14. A

Massive activation problem

So, I emailed Flexera as suggested in the thread below asking how to activate the old copy of Design Elements. As many folks remember, when Pro was released, many of us were grandfathered in with Design Elements on our other computers. Okay, so I email support and get no response. However, when...
  15. A

Design Elements help

Hi all, I have Design Elements on my old backup laptop but now it won't load after "upgrading" to Win 10. Who should I contact to get my licensing info to activate the program? With Alibre coming back I'm unsure if I should wait for them, or get it from Geomagic. Thanks! Bob
  16. A

Dimensional callouts are now justblack squares...

So there I was, CADding away on a Trek model when somethign weird happened. The program slowed down to a crawl, and all of the dimensional callouts became little black squares. This occurs on all files, old or new. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I've run diagnostics/virus checks and...
  17. A

Original MOI video?

Good morning, I have an acquaintance who is interested in MOI. I wanted to show him the video that Alibre/Geomagic originally sent out (or, a link to it) showing how easy it was to use, but I can't seem to find it. If I recall, it was a speeded up version showing the design of a computer mouse...
  18. A

Boolean mirror?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to mirror a Boolean? I've added a part to the left side of my model and simply want to mirror it to the right side to make the entire model symmetrical. Is there a way to do this? I'm running Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.1.1 ] 64-bit if...
  19. A

Turning off rounding?

I'm sure there's a simple way to do this and dummy me, I'm just not finding it. I'm trying to scale a part to 1/350th scale. The scale conversion factor is .002857 and some change. Because I'm working from highly detailed plans which show the true dimensions, I want the scaling to be true. I can...
  20. A

Reference lines gone

Okay, something weird happened the other day. You know how when you click to outline an area or draw a box, for example? You know how those little reference lines outlining your box or rectangle come up? Well, now they don't. They simply stopped working. Any idea on how to turn them back on? I...