What's new

Search results

1. hradford5

3D systems email

I still get email from 3D systems, who continue owning the Geomagic Design product. They are no longer associated with Alibre, correct?
  2. hradford5

Reference lines in a drawing

I need to create a couple of parallel and perpendicular reference lines in a drawing (it's from a step file, so I can't create it in the part file), so I can create some dimensions. I can draw the lines, label them as reference lines and create the dimensions, but I can't figure out how to cange...
  3. hradford5

Creating a new drawing template from an existing drawing

Are there any tutorials available that could help me with this?
  4. hradford5

No PDF writer was found!

I updated to the service pack 2 last night. Now I get this error when I try to publish to PDF. I have Cute PDF Writer installed, it shows as the selection in mt System options and have been using it for years. I need to have this drawing done, for a customer, today. This customer always wants a...
  5. hradford5

Saving Dimensioning styles

How do I permanently save the dimensioning styles, that I create in a drawing? I have recreate them for each drawing, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here.
  6. hradford5

Dimensioning grips

I am trying to create drawings of some imported step files. When attempting to create dimensions, sometimes helpful orange point grips will appear, but most times they don't. Is there a way to force their appearance? Also, are there any keyboard, or snap functions that will allow for selecting...
  7. hradford5

Catia part import fail

I have always used Alibre to open Catia part files, so that i can create drawings for them. I haven't needed to do this in quite awhile, until today. When I tried to open the file, I got this cryptic message: "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object...
  8. hradford5

3MF format

Does anyone know if Alibre has 3MF format exporting in it's future?
  9. hradford5

Feature control frame on an imported part

I have an imported step file that I've created a drawing of. This job came with some screenshots, of feature control frames, that I want to match. Feature Control by hradford5 posted Apr 22, 2019 at 5:16 PM I can create either of the 2 Max mat'l frames individually, but I can't figure out how...
  10. hradford5

Which printer should I use in printability

I have a CR-10 3d printer it is not listed in the drop-down menu of available printers. Can anyone suggest which, of the available printers, I should select?
  11. hradford5

Building a brick wall

I'm trying to build some brick walls, but I don't want to constrain each brick, nor each trace of bricks. I'm pretty sure the equation editor will do this but I'm not sure of how to use it. I have bricks 7-3/4" long, 2-3/4" high & 3" deep. If I want to create a wall 321" long & 102" high, with...
  12. hradford5

Creating a drawing of an exploded view

I know I've done this before (I've got the drawings on file to prove it :? ). But I can't for the life of me remember how to create an exploded view drawing. I've created the exploded view just fine. Can anyone help a memory challenged fella? Zeke
  13. hradford5

Copying & pasting surfaces

I created a surface from some faces & I want to copy the surface so I can paste it into a new file and thicken it. Anyone know how to this? Zeke
  14. hradford5

De-activating a PC

This company is shutting down, so I need to de-activate my GM license on this PC, so that I'll have the license available for my laptop or a different PC. What is the process to properly accomplish this? Zeke
  15. hradford5

Creating a hole on the inside of a cylinder

I want to create a couple of threaded holes on the inside of a cylinder, but the hole function doesn't allow me to select the surface. I've attach my model, what I need is to have the holes on face 6, where axes 8 & 9 intersect the face. Anyone have an idea on how I might be able to accomplish this?
  16. hradford5

Grayed out functions

I was working on a part Friday, and when I opened it this morning, all of my functional buttons are greyed out. I can't edit anything. Anyone know what might be the issue?
  17. hradford5

Radius propagation

I have a part that I want to put a couple of fillets on, but GM is propagating the fillets onto adjacent edges, that I don't want the fillet on. I have the tangent propagate box unchecked. I'm attaching the model, the edges I want my .156" radius fillet on are edges 6 & 12, the edges that I...
  18. hradford5

Updating

I have a current maintenance contract on my Geomagic design, and would like to update to the Version 17. But when I go to the downloads page, the file that is downloaded is Geomagic_V2014_15088_x64.exe. Is this the correct file? I already have PRODUCTVERSION 15,0,2,15088
  19. hradford5

Revolve cut

I want to a cylinder, with a radiused end, shape away from my part. But, I don't seem to have a grasp on how to do it properly. I created an axis correctly, but I keep getting the error that my sweep created a self intersecting body. I've tried 2 different sketches, images attached. Can anyone...
  20. hradford5

Save fail

I tried to save my file after a couple of changes & got this message: Does anyone know how to resolve this? Zeke