What's new

Search results

1. K

latest version

Can anyone tell me what the latest version is and where to find it? I see that there is a post from Kyle saying that it is 16.0.1.16490 with a hotfix file. It states that you must have version 16.x.x.x to use the hotfix. I went to download the latest version from the website but all I get is...
  2. K

removing Vault program

Does anyone know how to remove the vault from computer. I went into the Add/remove Programs in the Control Panel but it's not there. Any ideas? Kevin
  3. K

Deleting a Product

I just started playing with the Vault and have added a few "folders" under the "Products" view but decided that I wanted to delete one but I find no way to do this. Is there a trick to deleting a folder under Products? Kevin
  4. K

reversed sweep

Not sure how or why this happens. I created a sweep using a circle along a straight line that worked fine. My next sweep was a circle along a curved path that did not work properly. I followed a path that seems to mirror the path I set. Here are some images to clarify. View of path View of...
  5. K

Fillet not working correctly

When ever I use the fillet function, either in part or drawing workspace, the first fillet works and then when I use it for the second or more corners it shows a complete circular arc and it shows and stays in the "fillet figures" box. As soon as it does the arc both line delete in the "fillet...
  6. K

Edit Template

I needed to modify my drawing templates but have found that they will not open in V 2011. The template works when I am in the parts work space and want to do a 2d drawing of the part. I have try everything that I can think of to open them but have failed. Has anyone seen this and can tell me...
  7. K

Symbols

I just notice that when using the "Change Dimension Properties" In-Place Editing Tool that there is no Symbols fly-out. It seems that all you can add as a prefix or suffix is text, no symbols. The only way is to go back to the old method of right clicking on the dimension and do an edit. Was...
  8. K

Sub Folders (products)

I am just starting to try the Vault but would like to set the structure of my products similar to my file system structure as far as folders (products) go. My question is this: Is it possible to have a sub-folder (product) under a main product folder and if yes how do I go about doing it? Kevin
  9. K

Personal Settings File

Is there a file that has all the personal settings that I have set for the part worksheet environment? If there is does anyone know where it is located and if I can copy and paste it into my other computer that is running AD so that I don't have to make all the changes again Kevin
  10. K

Perspective Views in 2D

I am working on a manual for one of our instruments and it requires a lot of 2D drawings. When working on the solid model you can switch between the orthograpic view and perspective view. Is there a way of showing the perspective view in the 2D drawing? I figure I could play around with the...
  11. K

off subject - gaming laptop

I have a question that is totally off-subject to AD. Many users of this forum talk aboput gaming computers. I am looking for a good gaming laptop for around $1000.00. Would prefer a Dell only because I can still get them with XP ( I hate Vista). Any ideas? Kevin
  12. K

3D Sketching

Does any one know of a good tutorial that I can use to learn how to use the 3d sketching in AD. I seem to be having a very tough time with it. Thanks Kevin
  13. K

Adding text to dimensions

I have noticed that when you add text to dimensions the arrow line drops from the side of the dimension to the bottom of the dimension. If you add text below the dimension it will insert a blank line above the adde text. I have attached a zip file that contains a pdf file as well as my drawing...
  14. K

Windows SP3

I just started getting the notice from Microsoft to upgrade to SP3 for Windows XP. Has anyone been using SP3 with AD and if so have you seen any problems? Kevin
  15. K

Using the note icon to add text

I started using v11 today and noticed that AD reverted back to v9 with adding text to a 2d drawing. In version 10 they made it that as long as you kept the text dialog box open your text size would remain at your last setting, now you must re-enter a text size every time (even if you keep the...
  16. K

AD crash

My old computer crashed at work so I had to get a new one with Windos XP (the old one had XP also). The problem I am having is that now AD crashes from time to time. When it does I get a message about "Runtime Error". If I restart AD it will work fine until the next crash. This can happen as...
  17. K

Anti-Virus software

Anti-Virus software Has anyone used Avast Professional 4 anti-virus software on their computer that has Alibre on it? I have to update all the computers at work and am wondering about Avast or any other software that people have used. Any...
  18. K

Phanthom, Center lines

Phanthom, Center lines I have upgrade to v. 10 and have noticed a problem with the phanthom and center lines in 2d drawings. They work great on straight lines but if you draw a circle, say for a detailed section, it shows and prints as a solid line. I have...
  19. K

3D PDF

3D PDF When I do a solid model my units are set to inches but when I publish a model to a pdf the measurement tool is way off on it's readings. I have to set it to 1 model unit = 39.37 units. This means that it is being published to pdf with...
  20. K

HP Pavilion

HP Pavilion The company I work for is in a panic to buy 5 new computers before Vista comes out next week. They want to stay with XP because the accounting software will not run on Vista and they just started using it about 8 months ago. Has...