What's new

Search results

1. A

material assignement (V22)

ok ... maybe I'm doing something completely wrong, but - how the f*** do I assign a material to parts created in V22 ? (I do not have that problem on parts created in earlier versions of AD ...) design properties - materials - change material - choose one - hit apply (materials window)...
  2. A

Materials & Vault (M-Files)

i think I lost some fundamental functionality .... or is there any chance or possibility to bring back the linkage between materials and the (or any) M-Files property ?
  3. A

scaled lineweights ?

(maybe this is pointed out somewhere else - but could not find a specific thread by a quick search ...) for whatever reason Alibre (V21 [21034]) is scaling the width of all lines with the scale of the view. This is imho useless in any way and very annoying - or is there a particular usage for...
  4. A

sheet metal - BUG ?

creating a flange that is smaller than the tab or previous flange, alibre automatically adds a bend relief (if needed). But if the created flange is greater than the bend it does not have these reliefs and I have to add them manually.
  5. A

different ribbon-look ?

so, am I crazy ... on two different workstations I have different icons in the ribbons While on PC2 between english and german version there is no difference, on PC1 the german version is different: (both PCs run the same version of Alibre, and the User.NET.profile is copied between them)
  6. A

double-clicking custom reference geometries (bug or feature)

Bug or features ( that is the question) double clicking on reference geometries in design explorer hides the entries (of same type) below from design explorer and the view. hitting F5 brings them back again. Works with axis, planes and points as well ...
  7. A

and again.. new version = detroyed parts and assemblies

each time a new version of AD came out I have troubles editing existing parts I have attached one It is not possible to switch to configuration<1> Part was created with 2011 without any trouble, - maybe someone with 2011 can check
  8. A

Add parts color to drawing views

http://feedback.alibre.com/forums/16127-alibre-design-suggestions/suggestions/381506-add-parts-color-to-drawing-views?ref=title ... is marked as completed. IMHO a solid hatch is not a shaded view !
  9. A

2012 - custom vault properties in drawings

so, did I miss something, or why can't I use custom vault properties in data-fields in drawings ? my "old" templates work without any problem, but trying to edit one or create a new does not show any of my custom properties in the Value drop down ...
  10. A

2012 ribbon switching using mouse-wheel

to switch between the ribbons the mouse-wheel can be used if the cursor is in the ribbon area. If the ribbon-bar is "folded in" via the right sided arrow-icon and is opened by clicking on one of the topics, and then the mouse-wheel is used, it do not scroll through the ribbons. Furthermore if...
  11. A

Which graphic-chip manufacturer do you use

Due to some problems using ATI graphiccards, I want to know who else uses ATI. I am the only one having issues using an ATI graphiccard ?
  12. A

graphic issue

Hello, for whatever reason, from one day to another, Alibre displays part as shown in picture (like acceleration in alway on, but cannot turn off). If I delete the User.NET.profile it is fine - but all customization (toolbars, background) is gone (self-evident). Any suggestions ?
  13. A

make it flexible

because of some confusion on the forum and the not so precise manual about how "make flexible" works and what can be done with it I want to show some examples so you can get an idea: 1) I've started with a downloaded model of a hinge, which is made of 3 parts. 2) set up the assembly of that...
  14. A

a bug ?

Hi there, is this a bug or a feature ? I've created a ASM with a simple SubASM which has 2 mounting-plates and an axis through them. The axis itself is depending on the distance between the two plates. Unfortunately the complete SubASM could not be set to be flexible ( I think it was possible...
  15. A

cutom properties NOT in BOM-templates ?

and again ... custom properties from vault: is there a way to get custom properties into a BOM-template ? my custom properties work in DRW templates and they also could be added in BOMs, they are highlighted in yellow and ready for use. - But NOT in BOM-templates ? have I overlooked something ?
  16. A

get BOM Data into Excel

I often export BOMs to csv and import them into Exel for further use To automat this progress I have written a short Exel-VBA-Macro which came as an Exel add-in named getBOM. I want to share this add-in because someone else may find it usefull. I know , it is not perfect, but it fits my needs...
  17. A

open Step files with Alibre Win7 on doubleclick

does anyone knows how to set Win7(64) to open .STP, .STEP and others on doubleclick with AD ? with WinXP (and 12.1) this was not a problem - doubleclick it, and choose AD from the list of programms, but with Win7 AD is not in the list and if I browse to and choose AlibreDesign.exe it doesn't...
  18. A

dimension displays in wrong direction

have anyone else seen something like that ? for whatever reason one of the dimensions is heading in the wrong direction. any suggestions ?
  19. A

2011 - printing 3D-View

If I print the view of a Part or ASM (in 3D Workspace) with orientation set to landscape the paperview is oriented right but it does not fit the size - it is printed in the left lower corner. This has worked in 12.1
  20. A

2011 - tighter integration

Feature Brochure tells me : So.. how do I "activate" this ? What is needed to be able to use "any" M-Files properties in 2D-Drawings ?