What's new

Search results

1. B

FEM Designer gone from menu bar in V25??

Was working fine in V24 but now it's gone??
  2. B

V21 & FEMDesign crash

V21 loaded OK and old complex assemblies load and behave OK. But when I loaded a simple assembly and accessed FEM, using loadcase that worked previously Got this massage:
  3. B

System Crashed, need to re-install

I had a major system crash, resulted in a re-format and restore to original..... Now I don't have my license key and it does not appear to be available from the Geomagic site, like it was in the Alibre site. I have contacted support via email, let's see how they respond. I downloaded the...
  4. B

FEM Designer 64 Bit

This might belong in Add-ons, but I think it's worth talking about to the general population. I stayed with 32 bit GD in order to keep my FEM Designer FEA s/w running. When GD defaulted to 64 bit with the last version upgrade I moved into the 64 bit world of GD. I recently contacted FEM and was...
  5. B

GeoMagic Downloads, how to find on new GM site?

PDF creator has started to kick out an error message and since I had gotten an earlier "upgrade available" message, I went to the GM web page and started hunting for the download area. Where did it go? used to be able to see license status and available downloads, now I'm lost. Anyone have...
  6. B

Files crated in older versions may not open in 2014

The topic says it all. Files are stored in M-Files vault. I'll attach the error message.
  7. B

Nice article in Desktop Engineering

Todays issue ofDE has an article that gives #d Systems & Geomagic Design a boost. Check out this link; http://www.3dsystems.com/learning-cente ... s-geomagic
  8. B

Where did my MFiles go?

I just returned from vacation and went to look at some work that should be in my MFiles. When I attempt to open a recent file, I get an error message? When I look in the MFiles explorer, I see the 2 Alibre folders, but I do not get asked to sort like I did previously? When I look into my...
  9. B

Some 2014 Issues Now Appearing

I upgraded to 2014 (Expert)from 2012 (Expert)and all went well. I opened and saved several assemblies that were created in 2012 and earlier versions. No problems. I'm running win 7 on a HP laptop with core 5 processor and 6 GB ram. I did notice a new behavior when I closed files, Vault started...
  10. B

Alibre 2012 is now available! (And will rock your socks off)

Just got email - Alibre 2012 is now available! <edit - topic edit between parenthesis made by Max :D >
  11. B

New Femdesigner Web Site

I have purchased and I am slowly getting aquainted with the Femdesigner for Ad software. It is working, has some error handling quirks, but in general, it works for mono parts and assemblies. The new website makes it clear that Femdesigner for Alibre Design is available...
  12. B

Lack of response from tech support

Here's my question that I entered 9/21 and still have no response. Gives me lots of confidence in the new 3D Systems Alibre: "Update a Support Incident CaseNumber: 00047200 Created On: 9/21/2011 Status: Reported Type: How Do I? Subject: Are 64 bit Vault & 32 bit Alibre compatible...
  13. B

CAD Models - free & plentiful

http://machinedesign.partcommunity.com The link takes you to Machine Designs Parts Community. Register for a free account and gain access to many, many CAD models. Models are delivered via email, or downloaded or if Solid Works or NX, directly into your CAD model. Many formats are available...
  14. B

Build 62 & ALibre 32 bit & 64 bit vault questions

I'm running Windows 7 home premium, and now using ALibre in the 64 bit mode along with the Vault also in 64 bit. I'm going to require Motion very soon and I will also be getting on board the Femdesigner train. All this begs some questions. 1. Does anyone know if Femdesigner will be available as...
  15. B

64 bit add-ons, is there a comrehensive list?

Is there a list somewhere, pehaps on this forum, of what add-ons are compatible with 64 bit Alibre instalations on a system running Win 7 Home Premium? I would consider upgrading Win 7 to 'Ultimate" if that buys me some additional compatibility. Also is there a roadmap, that at least provides...
  16. B

Changes to Alibre Web Site???

I was just working with a co-worker who has an interest in purchasing Alibre for his own use and when I went to the Alibre site I found only links to resellers under the "Store" drop down menu?? There was no pricing information for any products, also no options like manuals or add-ons. I logged...
  17. B

Space Navigator & 64 Bit Alibre 2011

I just received my new Space Navigator to use with my new HP laptop, running Win7 Home Premium & 6G ram. I had been using an older, serial interface SpaceBall on my Win XP system that recently died. That worked OK, with some occasional wierdness. The good news is, the Space Navigator 64 bit...
  18. B

Migration Problem

I installed V11 with no problems. Next step was to migrate my repositories to the new Vault system. I obtained my license number & key and installed same in the Vault application. Fired up the migration tool, read the instructions and launched the process. So far, so good. The progress indicator...
  19. B

ALgor Design Check Mesh Errors -Sample Files

ALgor Design Check Mesh Errors -Sample Files Alibre files created in 2003, meshed and run in Algor design check. Also included are AVI files created by Designcheck These files no longer mesh.
  20. B

Algor Mesh Error report

Algor Mesh Error report Screen shot of mesh report