What's new

Search results

1. W

Assembly Configuration Deletion

Good morning, is it possible to delete an assembly configuration along with all it's constraints, which at the moment are suppressed? Thanks folks,
  2. W

Save problems

Good afternoon all, I'm having problems saving some drawings. After I hit the save button, an icon appears in the taskbar, but doesn't save the drawing. Has anyone else noticed this or does anyone have a solution? I don't know, or rather haven't noticed, if it is happening to models or...
  3. W

License Error

Good morning all, I had a new SSD fitted to my pc at the weekend and now I get this error when I try to apply my license code. I sent an email to the flexnet email address but now realise they might not have anything to do with it any more. Can I fix this or get it fixed by someone at Alibre...
  4. W

Dimension Suffix Text

Good morning all, is it possible to create multi-line dimension suffix text? On some smaller dimensions it would be handy to put the suffix text below the dimension text. Thanks,
  5. W

2D drawing part section arrows

Good morning all, just finishing an assembly drawing and I've noticed that whenever I open it, the section A-A arrows are facing the wrong direction. I have to right click -> edit and it corrects itself. There are 2 other sections on the drawing which are ok. My problem is that if I'd not...
  6. W

Is it possible to find out where a part is used?

Good day all, I know I can right click and get constituents of an assembly, but is it possible to find out where a part is used? I do a lot of one off designs and trials and I want to remove all the parts I did not use as most will never be of any use in another design. Just really for tidying...
  7. W

Itemising Assembly Drawing Problem

Good morning all, I have a problem itemising parts in an assembly. I can only label 2 parts at a time. After 2, the apply box stays grey when I select another part. I then need to close the callout window and re-open and select 2 more. It used to allow me to itemise all the parts without...
  8. W

Unable to create Section View in 2D drawing

Hi all, I am trying to section a sheet-metal plate in Geo 2D to show depths of milled pockets but I can't. I've tried each type of section style listed. Is there a trick I'm missing? I am following the instructions on screen and in help (I think).
  9. W

Solidworks advert in Traceparts

Good morning folks, Just went into Traceparts from Alibre's internal link and I was offered Solidworks even though I searched for an enclosure. Nice of them. Wonder if it's the same price.
  10. W

Combining 2D detail drawings

Good morning all, Is it possible to combine 2 or more seperate drawings into 1, ie. make all the drawings sheet 1 to whatever in the same drawing. My problem, well one of them, is that a while back I did an assembly detail drawing, then I went on holiday for a month. Today I did another new...
  11. W

Keyshot Web 1.9 & AD 2012

Good afternoon, I have Keyshot 1.9 and can't import 2012 stp files. I get a 'Keyshot_geometry.exe has stopped working' error. Should this combo work? Also, as I have AD Expert version, am I due an upgrade to Keyshot? I only use Keyshot very rarely, usually to show the sales folk what I mean, my...
  12. W

Publish to PDF problems

Good day all, I have asked this before in January but, with more users now, maybe others have this problem. I cannot publish parts or assemblies to PDF. I get a 'Publishing Error' Required liraries for publishing cannot be initialized. I really hoped it would be resolved with 2012. I have tried...
  13. W

Can't save my model.

Afternoon all, AD seems to have serious problems with text extruded on models. I've had probs since it was introduced. Now it makes my models and assemblies almost un-usable until I suppress the text. I have just edited text on a panel and now I can't save the changes. I get the attached error...
  14. W

PDF Creator not working

Good morning all, I downloaded PDF Creator from Alibre site and installed it, but when I try to create from the part environment, I get a warning 'Required libraries for publishing cannot be initialized' and the PDF creator program stops. Any thoughts? Thanks and regards,
  15. W

General Table

Good afternoon all, Is there a way to change the heights of all the rows in a general table at once? I've had a look, but it looks as if you need to do the one by one which is a pain on 40 odd rows.... Thanks,
  16. W

Trace parts

Good morning all, Does Trace parts still come for free? I've tried to get some parts recently but it wants me to pay. I have AD expert 12.1 Thanks,
  17. W

Can't open a drawing file. 'Filenotfound' exception

Good morning all, As the header says, tried and failed with an error as in the picture below. It's a pain as it took a while to create but anyone know why I would get this error? Thanks,
  18. W

Bills of Material

Good morning, I am having problems with BOMs. We, traditionally, list parts on parts lists/BOMs by type: Assemblies, Manufactured parts, Proprietary parts, then lastly fixings and fastenings. Our customers, MOD, Rail Networks etc seem to like this layout too. When I create a BOM in AD, the...
  19. W

Large file size for small part

Hello all, I've created a thin panel 148 x 56 mm with extruded text on it. The file size is over 22Mb and causes slowing down of my system when I open the assembly and detail drawing it is part of. I noticed too that Alibre is using nearly 1Gb of memory even when I only open 1 detail drawing...
  20. W

Where Parts are Used

Evening all, Is there an easy way to find out which assemblies a part is used on without resorting to Vault, which I assume would tell me. It's not that I have anything against Vault, I just don't want to re-write my company's D.O. procedures to document it's use. Plus, I would have to learn how...