What's new

Search results

1. kev h

Monitors ??

Hi Guys Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on monitors as mine has just kicked the bucket..? 24 -28 inch LED aprox £200 if poss ;) Cheers Kev :cool:
  2. kev h

Ribbon crossed out when saving file !!

Happy New Year All !! Have just opened up Alibre for the first time in a while and when trying to save file the ribbon was replaced with a red cross making it unusable !?? o_O Any help please would be appreciated (Alibre Design™ Expert ) (Alibre Design Version: 2017.1.2 64-bit [Build 18701]...
  3. kev h

Last install for Win 7 32bit ?!?!

Hi Just updated to 2015.0.0 and was given the message that this would be the last update for 32bit !! I can understand XP and vista even but i am on win 7 but on the 32bit side .... surely this isnt too old yet ....is it ?? :roll: Was hoping to get a couple more years out of this pc yet...
  4. kev h

2D Text fields

Hi Just upgraded to V17 and the text fields seem to work more consistently now but still cant figure out how to get date and part name to populate?? Only thing i am wondering is if it needs vault to do this which i don't use. Cheers Kev :cool:
  5. kev h

V17 32bit ??

Hi Went to download V17 and cant find the 32bit version ...... it is coming isnt it ???? :? Cheers Kev
  6. kev h

New configuration with original drawing ?

Hi Just had to change / add a part as a new configuration as very similar with slight differences . Can i somehow use the original drawing and update dims or do i need to start drawing from scratch again?? Cheers Kev :cool:
  7. kev h

Using configs for 2d drawing ??

Hi Just having my first go at using configurations with a die holder and 2 slightly different dies that fit to it. Assembly works well switching between each die . I was wondering though if it can be used to create the 2 different die drawings easily (only dimension once) Cheers Kev :cool:
  8. kev h

Uninstalling from laptop

Hi My wife is handing back her work laptop which i had my 3rd install on for my occasional use of alibre and would like to check all i need to do is uninstall alibre to free up my 3rd install licence. Cheers Kev 8)
  9. kev h

Alibre 2013 .........

Hi I remember reading the next release is going to be a little longer before release , could Max or someone give a very rough idea of release date so i dont have to keep checking every day?? :oops: :mrgreen: (Days, Weeks ,Months ,6 months.... ?? ) Cheers Kev 8)
  10. kev h

Scaling in 2D drawing side??

Hi Just imported a customers DXF file which is 1:3 scaled and need to rescale to normal size to use profile for machining. Am I missing something or is this not possible for some reason? Cheers Kev 8)
  11. kev h

Alibre Powered unable to comment / like ...?

Hi A P is now running again for me but unable to comment or like the watch assembly post (no buttons)?? Google chrome. Cheers Kev 8)
  12. kev h

Iges Scan file Problem

Hi :) Just wondering if anyone can help? I have sent a farely simple punch to cmm for reverse eng so that i can machine a new one but iges is all they can give me and is just a 2d curve. This file will not load into Alibre , i am assuming that this is because it needs to be a solid or...
  13. kev h

2D Drawing Export Jpeg/Png Bad Quality

Hi When sending jpeg/tiff exported images to my customers the quality is awful , but the files i receive from my customers who use Pro eng are much much better and can even zoom in quite a bit before it goes blocky. I there any thing i can do to improve this? Cheers Kev 8)
  14. kev h

2012 wont run at work but fine at home??

Had to pop back into work , so after installing fine at home , in work getting the attached error message and wont start up . Cheers Kev 8)
  15. kev h

Installing Alibre on XP bootcamp Mac offline??

Hi Guys Just woundering if you could help as have tried to load Alibre on my laptop (mac bootcamp Using XP) at home using the key generator (as dont go online with it )to give code for my 3rd install , but come up with application error : the application failed to initialize correctly...
  16. kev h

Any general guidelines to maintaining associativity or not?

Hi Just assembling 1st whole mould tool and seems to be ok if a bit slowly :oops: Just woundering if you guys have any general rules with maintaining associativity when projecting faces to create other parts in place within assembly as just worried i might be tieing myself in knots with out...
  17. kev h

General Method for Mould Tool Design in Alibre ?

Hi Have fudged around :D with a couple basic mould tools in AD but now have a part to do with an uneven split line , so was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me any hints or tips on the general procedure in AD. (It is a low quatity P20 inserted tool so nothing flash in Nylon...
  18. kev h

How do you guys sketch a full radius in a slot??

Hi Could be a "Doh" question but.... In my cadcam prog to do a full rad in a slot there is a function for rad from 3 faces (2D), in alibre i have been creating a circle then constraining tangentionally then trimming. Would this be the normal method in AD or am i missing something?? Cheers...
  19. kev h

Degenerate Figures

Hi Extruded a slot ok but when i go back to check sketch and dont alter anything it then gives warning "Degenerate Figures" at either end of slot . It still extrudes fine if i ignore but just wondered what i am ignoring ?? Cheers Kev 8)
  20. kev h

Horizontal Dimension of Angled Slot Problem

Hi :) I am trying to dimension this horizontally across the rads but it keeps cutting in to the nodes on the rad. (Dim should come out at 27.144mm) Cheers Kev 8)