What's new

Search results

1. G

"Legacy" versions losing the ability to generate licenses

I've come by long experience to know better when companies call their licensing schemes "perpetual" or permanent in any way, so I guess this is no surprise. As of the server decommissioning next month, Alibre has chosen to also remove the ability to generate licenses for existing copies of the...
  2. G

Disappearing faces on GD-generated parts

The attached is a pencil model, the body and "paint" are generated with GD. When I regenerate the part, some of the fillets are disappearing. Why is this?
  3. G

Broken color assignments?

I've been noticing more and more little buggy things recently. This one has to do with part color. The attached part changes color when I pull it into an assembly. Original part color, etc. don't have anything to do with it. No matter what I do to the colors it always pulls into an assembly...
  4. G

We still haven't fixed the file association bug?

The "open with" bug that's been hanging around for at least two years? I just installed the "new" GM and lost my file associations in Windows.
  5. G

GM Version 16?

Just got an email: Thank you for your purchase or renewal from 3D Systems. Includes a link t GM version 16, looks like. Is this a release?
  6. G

Constant windows explorer crash

This is simply unreal. I cannot use my primary computer because of a constant loop of Windows Explorer crashes. The culprit? ad_thumbnail_viewer64.dll. I can't do anything with this machine. I can't even boot to safe mode. I'm dead in the water, and can't express in public forum how angry I...
  7. G

Disappearing node, and crash

A simple circuit board model, using rectangle pattern for end contacts. If you have a look at Sketch 3, the pattern on the left has somehow lost its reference node. It's just gone! And, of course, if I try to move that pattern GM simply crashes.
  8. G

Generating views on startup

Why is it that when I load an assembly, some times it will generate and set up right away, but other times it will hopelessly hang for ten minutes or more, generating faces? It seems to be about half and half. The problem is more pronounced when I'm in a hurry, of course, or when I'm trying to...
  9. G

Hide subassembly?

Just think it would be cool if we could hide an entire subassembly using the right-click context menu... Along with the ability to hide a part, I'd like to be able to hide the entire subassembly that's one level up from the part I right-click on. For example, I click on a connector body, and...
  10. G

Is there some problem with quick constraints?

I assure you, all of the parts on this board are fully constrained, with the exception of the little header floating out there in space. I try to apply a quick constraint between the plane of the header and the plane bisecting the mounting hole shown. See the arrows: When I click the other...
  11. G

With all the changes, I've got a really trivial request

It's getting on my nerves :D
  12. G

Cycle through orthographic views?

Is there a keyboard command that will cycle through all of the available orthographic views? Sort of next-next-next... The Next and Previous View keys seems to do something else...
  13. G

Jerky motion on face selection...

I have an AMD HD 7950 (from Sapphire), running Win7-64 in an i7 with 32GB RAM. When I hover over a face, that face turns red for selection, as normal. Often, though, this action of turning red just bogs everything down for many seconds. GM totally freezes for as long as 10-15 seconds, then...
  14. G

Getting my SpacePilot Pro tomorrow!

After years of unrequited and unabashed lust, my 3DConnexion SpacePilot Pro should be in the UPS delivery tomorrow. What do others here think of the interoperability with Alibre/GM? Any special things I ought to know about? What are your favorite key shortcuts? Feels like Christmas Eve.
  15. G

Section view issues

Anybody else get missing faces when doing a section view? This happens quite a lot to me, and turning the view on and off doesn't fix it. I have to dump out of GM and restart, and *maybe* it'll regenerate properly. There are an awful lot of things lately that require me to completely quit the...
  16. G

I'm going to start a collection

If I get enough of these, maybe I'll wallpaper my office in them. I feel like I'm just as familiar with this window as I am with the startup window
  17. G

Contour flange failure

The attached part is based on a simple contour flange sketch. I'm trying to delete the two beveled corners and square it up. I edit the sketch under the contour flange, "intersect" the lines at the top and bottom corners, and trim out the angled lines. Easy? It should be, but it's not. The...
  18. G

Why can we not re-order our Assemby Explorer items?

Obviously the part workspace is history based, and the order in which features are built have affect the outcome, hence the dogbone and all of that. But why can't we re-order the items in an assembly workspace? GM already sorts parts to the top of the list and subassemblies to the bottom, so...
  19. G

How does one now "unlock" dimension position from the ot...?

I love that we now can snap dimension lines straight, and that they line up and move together and all of that. Mostly. Sometimes when ordinate dimensioning, I do not want all of dimensions to line up. I may need one to stick out for some reason, or I may wish to drag the dimension to the...
  20. G

Am I the only one who has noticed more "quirkiness" in GD?

Things feel looser to me, in a sort of non-specific way. Crashes are more frequent for me, things that used to work don't seem to work anymore. Selecting a face instead of some hidden edge is just a little bit harder and takes longer. Used to be that setting a constraint gave me a little...