What's new

Search results

1. dkmc

Alibre needs to phone home?

So when I don't use Alibre for a week or 2, then turn on the PC and try to open the program there always seems to be some sort of difficulty. This morning the error is "License library failed to initialize". What if I'm on a machine that doesn't connect to the 'net ?
  2. dkmc

Tempting to upgrade from Atom to Pro.....but

Then support goes from $50 to $350 per year. Seems like a big jump. Sticking with Atom for now.
  3. dkmc

Sketch part of a circle.......rusty user

I'm not a full time user, just occasionally. If I ever knew how to sketch something like this, the knowledge is forgotten. Could someone give me some clues? (The part with the segments of a circle) The OD on the one on the right is aprox. 5" TIA
  4. dkmc

Atom3D won't install

It gets about 50% in and then pops up an error.......cabinet file not found.......cab file missing or corrupted. Any ideas? I'll probably have to call Monday. This is Win10
  5. dkmc

Uopgrade and email offers?

Has Alibre stopped sending emails? I used to get 1 a week at least, and always an offer now & then for some sort of discount on upgrading. Nothing for a few months now.....? dk
  6. dkmc

DXF with corrupted dimensions

Has anybody ever been able to import a DXF drawing and get readable dimensions?? Every file I try to import results in gibberish numbers and symbols for dimensions...... I guess I give up......isn't this function something most CAD programs have pretty much conquered at this point in time...
  7. dkmc

Modeling tolerance ??

I am designing in Alibre and exporting to a CAM program to generate G code for a CNC Lathe. Having problems with radius's that are not accurate enough, or are a series of facets. This is causing the CAM software to use many,many radius moves instead of just one or two. Here is what someone...
  8. dkmc

Moving part along Z axis?

I have drawn and extruded a part with several planes in it. I want to move the entire part so that the top is aligned with the xy axis. Right now the bottom is alinged with the xy axis. So I need to move all of the features along the Z axis. How simple is this? Which command?? Orient to...
  9. dkmc

Install issues: 1607 error

Install issues: 1607 error I'm trying to install 9.1 on a computer I haven't used in about a year. It had 9.0 on it and wouldn't open files from 9.1 I D/Loaded 9.1, but I get the error message: 1607 Unable to Install Install shield Scripting Runtime...
  10. dkmc

changing line weight

changing line weight ......I change the line weight of 'continuous' from .010 to .030 and click apply... nothing happens. I exit and come back in and it's back to .010. WHAT gives? Oh....trying to do this in a Border Drawing....not a part...
  11. dkmc

2D drawing of plate with holes......so many problems

2D drawing of plate with holes......so many problems I'm trying to draw a simple plate with a series of 48 holes in it in 2D drawing mode. Now that I have the locations, I want to change the size of the holes......CAN'T. Dimensions won't delete, locks up, I restart, when I get back...
  12. dkmc

ANSI Spur gear IGES? Link to library?

ANSI Spur gear IGES? Link to library? I'm looking for a solid model of a ND30 hub type spur gear. 12 pitch, 14deg pressure angle. Can anyone point me to a link? The add-on libraries are of no help........ thanks dk
  13. dkmc

Setting up dual monitors

Setting up dual monitors Got my dual VGA video card installed, 2 LCD's (dell 17" on left and Envision 19" on right) . Now my questions are, how do I get the tool bars and menu to display on the left, and just the drawing space filling the right side...
  14. dkmc

Wide screen and/or dual monitor?

Wide screen and/or dual monitor? I'm looking at the wide 19 and 21" LCD monitors at the local Bestbuys. The Gateway is really impressive for clarity and color. Anyone using a widescreen with Alibre? Also, how about dual monitors, how well do they work with...
  15. dkmc

Circular dimention options, DIAMETER not radius

Circular dimention options, DIAMETER not radius I would like the option (in Dimention Properties/Lines & Arrows/circular dimention options) to dimention a diameter with an outside leader and arrow (just like the Radial choice, but reads Diameter NOT radius) It's the cleanest way...
  16. dkmc

dim tolerance not appearing on drawing

dim tolerance not appearing on drawing When I add a tolerance callout to a dim. on a part sketch, then open the 2D drawing the note or callout isn't there.....?? Yes, I save it first. dk
  17. dkmc

Alibre VS SW in PM machine shop forum

Alibre VS SW in PM machine shop forum Anyone here care to get in on this: http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ubb/u ... 7/189.html Alibre works just fine for my needs. I don't like to see people bashing it needlessly with their warped view points dan k
  18. dkmc

2D drawing ability......

2D drawing ability...... I've seen others say on this forum that Alibre isn't much for 2D drawings. I want to draw a simple Apartment layout (Walls/Doors/Windows, etc) It seems like it's not to handy. Any guide lines for the procedure? Or, what CAD...
  19. dkmc

Work online connect problems...can't get the V9 SP1

Work online connect problems...can't get the V9 SP1 I try to 'work online' (dial up) to get the SP1 and I get this message: The client failed to connect to the server because the client software version, 9.0.0.9238, is greater than the maximum allowed by the server to connect...
  20. dkmc

XP reinstall, Alibre wants a new key, nobody home in Texas

XP reinstall, Alibre wants a new key, nobody home in Texas Is the office closed this week?? I called 2X today and got voice mail. New backup software caused me lots of grief, messed up my eithernet. Had to re-install XP, and now Alibre is demanding a new LIC Key :cry: Help Dan K...